“our questions birthday weekend.”

Wangaratta North Family Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Wangaratta
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I along with my little dog milly stayed at the Wangaratta North family motelover the Queen's birthday long weekend.
This was our first time in wangaratta and we had a cabin for our accommodation at this establishment.
We found the young couple running the place to be really friendly and courteous,they actually waited up for us to arrive and given the fact we got off to a late start after work Friday night we arrived at 11.30pm that night.
When I asked the owners about things to do in the area they were very well prepared with a swag full of information about the area,places to eat,things to see and do
I was amazed at the fact they were not put out in the least by our late arrival (unlike some
establishments we have stayed in)the cabin was so comfortable especially the bed I got up each
morning with out a sore back which is a rarity for me .
We all really enjoyed our stay there so much so that we will definitely be going back to stay there.
again. I give them ten out of ten for there place,we'll done . It's an old place with a young couple at the helm who seem the have some really goods plans for the future development of the motel.

Their staff were also very friendly and they all loved milly who went socialising and exploring

Room Tip: This place was very accommodating to my family and our pet. We had a cabin which is pet friendly bu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 17, 2014

A very pleasant motel with rural surrounds, extremely friendly and young owner/managers and surprisingly well appointed units. We checked in after 9.00 pm to this isolated Budget property, rather than drive for another 4 hours - I was impressed with the efforts in refurbishment/renovations, there was an obvious effort towards comfort in this older style motel, linen better than most. Well done!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruian
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After staying here a couple of years ago I was very disappointment however after reading new management reviews I thought I'd give it another go. Very Impressed! Lovely new owners, place is looking great I highly recommend staying here, excellent value for money. Will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was one night only.

While the accommodation was old (ancient), and even a little cramped, the price was about half of what was being asked nearby.
The rooms are clean, stocked with clean linen, and well maintained.

When all you want is a clean bed, and basic facilities without paying through the nose, this place is perfect!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Such was my overnight in Wangaratta ..

A long day in the car, lunatics on the road and a bit of stop/go roadworks made the day… At one road block I queried the GPS as to where was a local motel. The Wangaratta North Family Motel came up… I pushed go…

I was surprised, a pleasant reception - a bottle of cold water and a litre of milk and at an amazing price.

Just as good as many motels in Australia… Externally - not brilliant paint but the young owner managers are only eight months into what is an obvious full restoration. A nice couple.

The room - Two comfortable chairs - clean… new and unstained… table and chairs… A reasonable bed with pristine sheets. A sensible 32 inch flat screen TV - better than the tiny 19 inch units seen in too many motels. New drapes - decent bathroom albeit small and NO stink of smoke!!!
A new Panasonic AC unit… and not a small one either and for Victoria in high summer - very necessary.

I was actually impressed with a sensible reading lamp which not only brightened the room, it made it homely…

The place is also Pet Friendly, quite a sensible idea for a rural area or the casual grey nomad…

If management are only a few months into a restoration, then this place will become quite a comfortable stopping point … barely off the Hume Highway and I am sure I will stop again.
It is great to see people putting in an effort - they deserve a commendation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We needed a place to stop over on the Northward journey. Just needed a comfortatable room and didnt need bells and whistles. The room had 2 bucket chairs, a small table and 2 chairs, a queen bed, fridge, microwave, toaster, reverse cycle air cond and flatscreen tv. Linen was very clean. Spotless clean. Yards very tidy. Staff very nice and helpful.

I looked at the travellers photos and the place is not like that. there is no rubbish around like in the pictures. They are obviously still working on it as there are other cabins that are not fitted up.

Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: We were in 18, nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great stop for a very tired couple from the north of Sweden. A very nice motel with very helpful people.Very clean room and a lovely bed.They also let you have youre pets there.Best regards from Stig o Maggan

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wangaratta
Wangaratta Motor Inn
#3 of 6 in Beechworth
Millers Cottage Motel
Millers Cottage Motel
#9 of 10 in Wangaratta

Been to Wangaratta North Family Motel? Share your experiences!