“Not bad for Wang.”

Atrium Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Wangaratta
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Atrium Restaurant offers guests a lounge and bar area – just perfect to whet your appetite with a glass of local prosecco or a cleansing ale. The Atrium dining experience can be enjoyed not just in the restaurant space, but also outside on the poolside deck area or in one of our more intimate function spaces.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Despite living in the region we had never considered eating at the Atrium. Friends were staying at the motel that the restaurant is part of and so we met them there for dinner. It was quite a pleasant surprise.

The food is interesting without trying to be clever and was well cooked. None of what we ate was disappointing and some was really excellent. The lamb backstrap was crisp on the outside and delightfully pink in the middle, the pork cutlet was moist and tasty (but we weren't sure about the 'scallops' with it and the Moroccan chicken was suitably Moroccanish. The green beans as a side dish weren't so special. Lovely beans but with something very sweet like crumbled toffee on them.

Simple Turkish Delight for dessert was a nice idea and it was fresh and good quality. I'm told the coffee was OK. My friend (who really knows and likes his food) says the steak he had the night before was excellent.

The wine list is not long but is pretty good. All Australian or NZ wines with a good selection of regional wines. I thought the prices were very reasonable (Warrabilla Durif $48).

The space is a giant, soulless cavity but the service was cheery and attentive if not overly professional. And it was very reasonably priced. The dearest mains were the steaks at about $35 and most were in the high $20s. The entrees were all under $20

We'll certainly go back.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Gateway and decided once again to dine there. We have been there on a number of occasions previously but we returned because of the excellence of the food, competitive prices and quality service.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have eaten here before and was pleased to return as the food is always excellent. There is a fine daily specials sheet and the main menu has enough variety to please everyone. Staff were helpful and service prompt. The test for me is always would I be back? Yes indeed.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

had read the reviews on here so knew it would be good, but was a bit worried when we turned up.....the ambience screams out from the 1980's (ie carpet walls...). But the food was absolutely amazing. with no exaggeration - the best steak I have ever eaten - anywhere

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and i are currently staying at the gateway motel. As a country Motel restaurant this was a breath of fresh air .the staff were very attentive without being over the top .the food was by far the best I have had in a Motel restaurant .having been a chef at many 5 star restaurants including the ritz London and the Windsor in Melbourne. It's not often I am gob smacked at a well presented meal. From the entree to the dessert. The chef has an obvious passion and flair for their vocation. The Atrium is easy to recommend. My compliments to the chef and all staff.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member