“Locals love this place”

Mantra Arrowtown
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The moment you step inside Mantra Restaurant you will discover there's a real difference when it comes to enjoying Indian hospitality and dining. Sophisticated Indian cuisine in Arrowtown in a pink, black, almost womb-like interior, emphasizing peace and tranquility. The unique décor is warm and inviting with careful attention to making your visit truly enjoyable and special. Mantra promises an elegant dining experience and is keen to push away from the traditional image of an Indian restaurant. The ambiance is smooth, with slow-moving waiting staff deliberately taking their time to make sure the pace of life in here is suitably sedate. Menu is varied, with an excellent vegetarian selection which has been carefully selected and crafted by Shammi. Portions are generous and very nicely-presented. Complementing the menu Mantra has showcased an excellent wine list.
Reviewed September 3, 2014

It's great to have such a good Indian restaurant here in Arrowtown.
We took some people from Sydney here last week and they loved it. The atmosphere is very nice and the food is delicious.

Because I can't eat spicy foods, I avoided going there when we first moved to Arrowtown, but my husband persuaded me to go and Im so glad he did. When I order my food, I always ask for mild, and unlike some places you go to, at Mantra, mild is actually mild.
I've fallen in love with the mushroom masala, and have it a lot.

This time we all had different meals and they were all great. Sometimes the service is a bit slow, so make sure you have time to spare when you go, but do go, it's warm and cosy inside and you will get good value for your money.

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Went there to celebrate my partners birthday and enjoyed every second of it. The decoration is beautiful with a great fire place and the service provided by Afi and Chefs(who delivered the starters themselves, explaining it) was outstanding. We enjoyed our meals just as the wine selection, perfectly pairing our dishes. We're locals and after this amazing indian cousine experience, there will be only one place to go if we want some indian food in New Zealand: Mantra. Highly recommended to all locals and visitors, its a must.

1  Thank Pedro A
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We are locals in Arrowtown and have popped in a fair bit for takeaways, but decided to dine in tonight. Lovely atmosphere and very smiley, helpful service from Afi. It really is Indian 'fine dining'. Curry's always taste freshly made and unique with lots of flavour. I would like to highly recommend their Coconut Lamb, delicious!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were craving for good delecious Indian food in New Zealand and found this place during our visit to Arrowtown.

Was 100% satisfied with the place. Awesome ambience, good punjabi songs being played and above all awesome North Indian food.

Completely loved it. Keep it up.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Quality Indian food. incredible. Would go again. Great place to go with family, friends or on a date. Very nice setting.