“Favorite Indian Restaurant!”

Mantra Arrowtown
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The moment you step inside Mantra Restaurant you will discover there's a real difference when it comes to enjoying Indian hospitality and dining. Sophisticated Indian cuisine in Arrowtown in a pink, black, almost womb-like interior, emphasizing peace and tranquility. The unique décor is warm and inviting with careful attention to making your visit truly enjoyable and special. Mantra promises an elegant dining experience and is keen to push away from the traditional image of an Indian restaurant. The ambiance is smooth, with slow-moving waiting staff deliberately taking their time to make sure the pace of life in here is suitably sedate. Menu is varied, with an excellent vegetarian selection which has been carefully selected and crafted by Shammi. Portions are generous and very nicely-presented. Complementing the menu Mantra has showcased an excellent wine list.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is one of my 2 favorite restaurants in Arrowtown and definitely the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to. I eat here atleast once a week. It is a family owned restaurant, that is beautiful and elegant. Romantic and modern. The family that owns it is extremely friendly. They have a great wine list as well!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The service is great, you feel welcome right from when you walk in the door. Place is lovely and food is always consistently great. My friend and I shared the banquet for 2 and were not disappointed. The food was so delicious but was too much for us to eat so we took the left overs home.
Would highly recommend to all.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Being from that side of the world, was so nice to find indian cooked to authenticity!! Delicious!!! And the host of course is a beautiful character!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was lucky enough to go to Mantra Indian Restaurant on Wednesday 10th July for our last night in NZ - I absolutely love my curry and it was the last night special treat. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would find my perfect curry in a place like Arrowtown, NZ but I did.
My benchmark dish is the Chicken Vindaloo - I never order anything else (of course try other dishes - but it is ALWAYS a Chicken Vindaloo) as I like to see how they differ around the world. I have had Vindaloos from Amsterdam to Sydney, Bradford (UK) to Barbados. All different, with varying flavours and I have always found the Bengali curries the most flavorsome for my liking.
However - I can say that over all that time (and I have had a lot of Vindis) that Mantra's Chicken Vindaloo I had the other night was nothing short of exceptional and I am gutted it is a 3 hour flight away from where I live! It was quite simply the best Vindaloo I have EVER had. Trust me - this is some statement as my wife testified when I told the staff.
However, the entire experience was one heck of a good one at Mantra. The food overall was exceptional. My daughter generally dislikes curries and is the odd one out when she comes to an Indian Restaurant - gorging on pappadums and plenty of naan. However she demolished half a Butter Chicken with her 6yo brother (who laps them up) and we were mystified that she loved it so much. Such a change from the norm.
I could ramble on for ages about how good it was, but the best thing if anyone is visiting Queesntown in NZ and loves a curry as much as I do, do yourselves a favour and go to Mantra.
The whole experience is fantastic. Never seen an Indian restaurant so brilliantly decked out either. Very much a family affair, want to thank them for that experience! You simply have to go and check it out.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you are in Arrowtown and are keen on Indian cuisine, you have to go to Mantra for dinner. My brother and I were recommended this place by a local and we were not dissapointed. The food was absolutely mouthwatering. The place was beautiful with a warm and pleasant atmosphere. The service was also fantastic. I would love to return to this place again.