“I have never been more offended in my life”
Review of Mantra Arrowtown

Mantra Arrowtown
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The moment you step inside Mantra Restaurant you will discover there's a real difference when it comes to enjoying Indian hospitality and dining. Sophisticated Indian cuisine in Arrowtown in a pink, black, almost womb-like interior, emphasizing peace and tranquility. The unique décor is warm and inviting with careful attention to making your visit truly enjoyable and special. Mantra promises an elegant dining experience and is keen to push away from the traditional image of an Indian restaurant. The ambiance is smooth, with slow-moving waiting staff deliberately taking their time to make sure the pace of life in here is suitably sedate. Menu is varied, with an excellent vegetarian selection which has been carefully selected and crafted by Shammi. Portions are generous and very nicely-presented. Complementing the menu Mantra has showcased an excellent wine list.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I spontaneously walked past with our two young teenagers and decided to go in. The waiter looked us up and down and screwed up his face. We were wearing jeans/cargo pants and t-shirts, which was what other patrons were wearing. When he pretended to check his bookings (we could see there were only two!) and there were only two other tables of patrons he pretended to squeeze us in. I advised that we were tired and just wanted to eat quickly and leave. we waited nearly ten minutes before any drinks were offered. We were hot and explained that we just wanted water so you can imagine how that went down. We have eaten out almost every night and knew we could not fit entres as well as main so he was annoyed at that too. He then abruptly removed the entre cutlery and plates. The food took a reasonable time but was tasty and well presented. We just ate,paid and left. They should understand that not every customer wants the full dining experience for two hours every night of a long holiday, especially in a tourism town. Only eat here if you want a lengthy dining experience.

2  Thank LisaEstella71

Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was one of the best decorated indian restaurents i have seen in AUS and NZ ...the food and the service was excellent

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Mantra was recommended to us by the resort we were staying at . And what a good suggestion that was. The food was great, restaurant clean and had a good atmosphere.The wine list good and the food arrived at a good pace. The charming Shammi flitted from table to table with true Indian hospitality enriching the Indian experience.
The four of us had a very pleasant night.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My friend who lives in Arrowtown suggested we go out for a meal. Now that there is a good choice thanks to the tourists there was more than one to choose from so we decided on Indian.
we were the first at 6pm but it soon filled up fast for a Friday.
there was a lovely feel about the place, very stylish but what one notices is the huge flower arrangements in corners in large glass bolws the size of bunch bowles all filled with pink roses with white rose's in the centre. It had us fooled thinking they were real.
We ordered Butter Chicken and you could ask for hot or mild, this was served up in a bowl with the rice on a large plate, very nice.
We did order bread but didn't have room to finish it off.
Great service, prices not bad, for two Butter Chicken and bread $50 but very well presented and cooked. The business is family owned and is great for a romantic night out, friends or older chlidren may like it but it is more for the adult.
A classy place.

1  Thank NLANZ-FAMILY
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am ashamed to say that I am a Queenstown local - and never been to Mantra for dinner. I love Indian food - just love it ! and I must have left the best to last because I was delighted by the menu and choice of dishes available. Try " Shammi's Special Nann Bread " - Coconut & Cashew Nuts ... Mmmmmm delicious ! The service was great - amazing food and lucky for me - my friends picked up the tab. Compared to other Indian restaurants in and around Central Otago the meals are slightly more expensive ( main meals are around $22 - $25 ) but worth every cent. The staff here are extremely helpful and accommodating. We will definatley be back in the future. Thanks to Shammi and her team for a " Great Night Out With Friends " ..