“Yum!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pesto - CLOSED

Pesto
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Canberra, Australia
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Sit outside if you can - the outdoor dining area is surrounded by fresh flowers and is the perfect place for people watching.

When we visited it was fairly quiet, and service was fast and friendly. We ordered the special: fish cooked in butter with paprika, tomato and corn. Delicious!

Didn't have room for dessert, but the dessert menu looked pretty good too.

San Francisco, California
“Very nice service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

A few friends and I ate here and it was pretty good Italian food. The service was very nice and we had a young lady who was our waitress (I think her name was Katie? I forget). She was very friendly and had personal favorites on the menu that she suggested we try which I liked because I have a hard time deciding what to order. My order had some piece of metal in it, but nothing major and they took care of it right away, making me a new one, apologizing and all. The problem was taken care of professionally and quickly. Thank you!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jessica G
Auckland, New Zealand
“The Best Fettucine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

A friend and I were the first customers for the evening. The waitress was fast and friendly. The fettucine was one of the best I've had with generous prawns, scallops, shallots, celery & parsley in a nice, light creamy white wine sauce. We sat outside in the alley, which is a nice setting with the potted flower pots and the buzziness of people walking past enjoying their evening.

Arrowtown, New Zealand
“Why haven't we visited this sooner?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away down a lane, just before you go up the stairs to the great movie theatre we have here in Arrowtown. We have lived here for a year, and I'm not sure why we haven't eaten here before, but I'm glsd we have now.

My husband and I went to the 6.30 movies and then came downstairs and decided to order a pizza. We chose to sit outside in the laneway because the weather was nice, and its an interesting place to sit. The waitress who served us was nice and bubbly and as we couldnt decide what type of pizza we wanted, suggested a couple of her favourites. We chose one of them, I think it was called Udder delights, dont quote me on that, but i know it had a lot of different cheeses on it and we added olives and anchovies to it.

We shared the 8 slice one ($24), a salad and some fries. The pizza was great, very tasty. The greek salad was ok, needed some dressing on it and the fries, well, the same as fries every where. Sometimes I think fries are the easy way out for restaurants, they pile them up on a plate, wereas a few handcut chips would be much nicer.

Anyway, we would definitely return here for Pizza and it was interesting to note that they were doing a good trade in takeaway pizzas as well.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Pesto while in Arrowtown on our honeymoon and had the most fabulous dinner. I ordered the oricchette pasta and my husband had a pizza. Both were absolutely delicious. It's been a long time since I have had a pasta that good and I truly wish that I had asked for the recipe.

The service and the vibe of the restaurant was simple but friendly and nice. We would highly recommend our friends to go here and would go back if we are ever in Arrowtown again.

• Visited October 2012