“Disappointing pasta at this Italian restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pesto - CLOSED

Pesto
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brisbane, Australia
“Disappointing pasta at this Italian restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Was en route to Queenstown and as it was getting quite late, we stopped in Arrowtown for dinner. As it was an Italian restaurant, we decided to go with some pasta for our mains. My tomato pasta was lacking in flavour and I didn't end up eating all of it. As someone else has said, we could have easily made a better pasta sauce ourselves. The pasta itself was cooked well and al dente, but the sauce itself was quite bland and boring and definitely nothing to write home about.
We also had the ravioli, which we thought was a bit devoid of filling and everything was absolutely swimming in butter.
The only good thing we ordered was the ribs for entree, which was quite tasty.
Would probably not return here and will try something else if we are in Arrowtown again.

• Visited November 2012

“Not a happy dining experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very outdated decor not inviting at all. Meal was very average - could have done better myself at home. Was not good value for money. Waitress was friendly but had little knowledge of the menu

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Disappointment!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have lived in Queenstown about 20yrs and Pesto used to be one of our favourite Rest. Admitedly we haven't been for a while, but after the movies with friends we went down and thought we would have a meal. Our friends were from Oz. It seems that I drew the short straw in that my was the only meal that was a big disappointment. Since it was late at nite I opted to have a ceasar salad with chicken. Well it was the worst "ceasar" that I have had. To give it is correct name, it was just a smoked chicken salad and not a good one. Firstly the lettuce was Iceberg and chopped up finely, then it had cucumber in it, the dressing was too much and not great flavour, I asked for anchovies and there was no parmasen, so overall not a good salad which I didn't eat and they very generously refunded my salad. So thank you. So when u go there I think just stick to what they do better, pizza & pasta. Very good.

• Visited November 2012
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
“Good casual fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice casual place with solid good food and family friendly. Goos quality ingrediants. Relaxing and in summer be good to folow on with a beer at the Blue Door

Visited August 2012
“Pay homage to Sam Neil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ate twice at this yummy Italian restaurant. Great food and service. Our friend took a photo of us with Sam Neil in the background. (hence the reference). Go there. Find Sam.

Visited August 2012