“Just fantastic”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had the Grab One deal and it was amazing. The food was awesome and our waitress, Lenka, was brill. We were not treated any different to others, we are not locals to Arrowtown but we were treated with high respect. Their deserts are amazing. Highly recommended. Keep up the good work guys.

MillbrookResort, Public Relations Manager at The Millhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Jayne019,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Millhouse Restaurant. We will pass on your praise to the Lenka and the team at The Millhouse. They all work very hard to exceed the expectations of our guests and ensure that everyone has a fabulous night to remember.
We look forward to seeing you back at the resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Wow. This was amazing!
My mum got a couple of vouchers off GrabOne. My parents visit Millbrook at least once a year and love it and this time they brought my brother and I along for dinner.
The food was really amazing! The amuse bouche was a venison dish and was delish! My entree was the short rib which my dad recommended and it was great. The others ordered the calamari and chorizo salad and the rabbit and were all very impressed with their entrees. For my main I ordered steak with market veges and the potato option. So delicious. Steak was cook perfectly for me not bloody but deliciously tender! The others had the market fish, the duck and the lamb. We were all so full by this point but knew dessert was to come! Dessert was amazing. I ordered the chocolate and raspberry assiette which was the best dessert I've had in ages. Mum ordered the same as me, my brother ordered the tastes of mango and my dad the hokey pokey ice cream. All were great.

The waiters were very nice and friendly. One also asked the kitchen for their secrets on certain dishes for us. :) thanks!

Will definitely be back. The GrabOne voucher really made it great value too! We hope you so another voucher like this in the future ... We will keep our eyes peeled!

Highly recommend The Millhouse!

MillbrookResort, Public Relations Manager at The Millhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear SuzyHunting,
Thank you for reviewing The Millhouse. Sounds like you and your family got to really experience everything that The Millhouse stands for - delicious food, relaxed environment and found memories for all guests! The Millhouse team have won New Zealand Beef and Lamb Awards for Excellence for the last two years and use our locally sourced seasonal produce in all their meal. It gives us great pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the food as the team know they’ve done another good job when we read reviews like yours. We hope to see you and your family back here in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

On the basis of mostly excellent reviews on this site, we made a booking 2 months before our short stay in Arrowtown and received written confirmation.
Arriving 5 minutes before our reservation time, we were dismayed to be shown to the only table for two in a large dining room, situated hard up against the open kitchen servery and adjacent to two large tables totalling about 30 people in what appeared to be a wedding party! The noise level was already unacceptable, so we asked to be seated elsewhere, only to be told there was nowhere!
Then the maître d' offered to take us across the lawn to the golf club dining area, which was entirely inappropriate to the evening we had planned, had dressed for and had confirmed.
We asked why they hadn't booked us at one of only four tables for 2 in an adjacent alcove to the main restaurant, to be told that "those people arrived earlier than you", although we had arrived early! When we asked why our reservation of two months previously was not sufficient to hold one of those tables, he had no answer.
This is absolutely no way to run a restaurant.
As friends of ours in upmarket hospitality remarked, this was "very shabby and unacceptable service".
It took us another hour and a half to secure another dinner reservation in Arrowtown, so thanks Millhouse, for ruining our special evening out.
We would like to hear from your management about this treatment we received - you have our email address.
HH

3  Thank Parnellian
MillbrookResort, Public Relations Manager at The Millhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Parnellian, Sincere apologies from the team at Millbrook about your experience at
The Millhouse Restaurant. Our Food and Beverage Manager will be in touch with you personally to invite you back to experience Millbrook Resort and The Millhouse Restaurant. We can only apologise just now for your disappointment and look forward to seeing you at Millbrook again in the near future. Kind regards, the team at Millbrook Resort.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food was some of the best we have had on the South Island, the venison was absolutely amazing and cooked perfectly. The chocolate soufflé at the end was exquisite . Now the but, service was not what I would expect from the money I paid. The local gentry were clearly dinning that night and had the staffs full attention, we had to refill wine glasses, water glasses and go to the counter to pay the bill. I am only a tourist but I expect equal attention.

2  Thank Graham R

Dear Graham R, Thank you for reviewing The Millhouse Restaurant. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and that the chocolate soufflé was exquisite – what a great word to describe the food! We are disappointed to read your comments on the service and will pass your review to our team to ensure we learn from your feedback and evolve. As you will see from our other reviews, this experience is extremely rare and we hope you visit us again in the future to experience |
The Millhouse. Kind regards on behalf of the team at Millbrook.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant! The food was fabulous, the service and friendliness of the staff wonderful. The presentation 5 star. Definitely a fine dining experience. We rolled out of the restaurant like little piglets, fully fed and contented. My partner was looking for somewhere to pop the question, yes marriage proposal and when he saw this place he thought it would be nice for dinner, well thats what he told me. I had no idea what was being planned until it happened so The Millhouse will always have a special place in our hearts. All that aside, we would recommend you try it as you won't be disappointed. Yes it is a bit expensive, however it is fine dining.

Dear Glanna R, First of all congrats on your engagement from the team here at Millbrook. The Millhouse Restaurant is a very romantic place, your fiancée has very good taste! Millbrook is a popular place for Central Otago weddings and I’d definitely encourage you to visit the Wedding pages of our website – or even come back and stay for your honeymoon. It’s wonderful to hear that The Millhouse has a special place in your heart and we really do hope to see you back here in the future even if it’s for your wedding anniversary!