New Orleans Hotel
Millbrook Resort(Arrowtown)
Lake Hayes Motel(Queenstown)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We Spent a very enjoyable night here. Very good clean room, good food in the pub, nice open fire, with friendly efficient staff. The atmosphere in the pub made you want to sit and enjoy the fire and food. It is a very nice country town with old world charm. As we are here in Autumn the trees were all in full colour.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First start off on a high note. the food at sinner was really tasty. Our room was so crowded with 2 beds that we had to lift our suitcases over the bed to enter the room. The double bed was shaped like a V. We had to hug the edges of the bed otherwise we slid into the center. It was cold that evening and the heater wasn't working. We t and got the manager but he couldn't get it to work either. We managed vy putting on a few layers of clothing and the next day they sis five us a portable heater.
This is thepart that upset me. The aecond night they had a band play at the pub. No problem, couldn't really hear them play and anyway they close at 11pm. At 3:20 AM we hear 3 blokes talking really loudly out side our room. I stick my head out and ask them to please quiet down. they apoligise but continue drinking and getting louder and louder. I asked a few times but I didn't want to deal with 3 drunks. I tried to call the hotel manager vut nobody is around. I was just avout to call the police at around 4am when they left. I explained to the owner and manager the next day why that was irrisponsible to leave tneir fuests to fend for themselves. In their favor, they insisted we take back one nights' payment and the owner said he was working on exactly that problem of who to call. I hope they do that and get some new mattresses. the town is great and it's close to Queenstown.

Room Tip: Maybe the new rooms that have a wooden door are better than the glass door we had.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annallen_13
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here on our holiday to New Zealand and we absolutely loved it! It was traditional and comfortable and was very country side! It is very close to Queenstown and is great if you have a car! Arrowtown itself is really beautiful and I would hands down recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Its a while since I have stayed in a "pub" but on checking in to the New Orleans it was like a walk back in time. However the room was beautifully appointed with new fittings, an ensuite and a view over the Arrow River. The New Orleans may have been built in 1866 howver i was more than comfortable in my room. Off to the bar for a few craft beers and a chat to the Owner was informative and very friendly. that night we dined in the hotel restaurant and after a hearty soup of the day I topped mine off with local Blue Cod a real local delicacy. On return to Australia the total cost for room, dinner and breakfast came to a mere AUD$ 130 Real value for money in an area with plenty to do and see. Thanks New Orleans...

Room Tip: Room with a view a must here
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is an average kiwi pub set in the centre of picturesque Arrowtown. The rooms were OK, location very good but the constant noise from the refridgeration units going on and off every 15 minutes ALL NIGHT made it a total waste of time as a place to sleep. Bar, road and other 'entertainment' noise would be expected, although we didn't have it, but the constant roar of the refridgeration was totally unacceptable. If you must stay there, avoid rooms 2 and 3 at all cost if you want sleep.
We were alarmed at being asked to provide in writing all credit card info including the security number on the back of the card at check in time - presumably in case card payment was declined? We declined to provide that information. The office area where paperwork appreard to be kept was not secue and when we asked to have our forms destroyed on leaving - which they had said they did - there was no evidence provided that this had been done.

Minus the noise this would have been a 3/5 review - Average.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends