“Aaaaaaaamazing!”

Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Visiting Arrowtown on holiday and have been here 3 days out of 4! Should have been here for the 4th. Have worked out way through the menu with our 2 children and everything is amazing. The blue cod taco to die for, the Turkish eggs curious but yum yum yum, the pork hock hash with an exciting kick, the pancakes with textures and combinations of flavours, the corn fritters a sweet sensation. Yup we pretty much tried everything and will be back to try the rest. The icing on the cake watching the chef in action in the open kitchen and the friendly, bubbly staff. 10/10.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had a delicious Blue Cod Taco and sampled the excellent Prawn Linguini. We were served by very friendly and efficient staff. I loved the decor, especially the cool 70s art in the restroom and Bicycle wheel chandeliers. Awesome!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I left this restaurant feeling super happy! The food was amazing and the flavours were incredible. The waitstaff were really friendly with bubbly personalities which made my experience even more memorable! The combination of flavours delivered on my plate were ones that I had never experienced anywhere else before, and yes they were to die for! The decor was very cool, an industrial chic look, featuring an open kitchen which, as well as working with the space, provided great visual entertainment. For a change it is nice to see your food being prepared before your eyes! Will definitely go out of my way to return to The Chop Shop Food Merchants when I next venture this way south.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Seriously the best brunch ever. I struggled to decide what to order but went for the Turkish eggs which were incredible. You wouldn't think that yoghurt and eggs worked together but it really was a taste sensation (also the bubbles went down a treat). Our party of ten mostly ordered different things and we all left feeling like we'd chosen well and couldn't wait to come back. Great decor, awesome service and the chef needs a medal! Wish we lived close by because it would definitely be the local, actually would the owners please bring the chop shop to Auckland...

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ten of us arrived for a quick lunch prior to a wedding. We received quick fantastic service. The food was superb. Best restaurant I've been to. Loved the toilet!!