“Best restaurant lunch ever!”

The Chop Shop Food Merchants
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Punakaiki, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant lunch ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had a delicious Blue Cod Taco and sampled the excellent Prawn Linguini. We were served by very friendly and efficient staff. I loved the decor, especially the cool 70s art in the restroom and Bicycle wheel chandeliers. Awesome!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“BEST FOOD EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I left this restaurant feeling super happy! The food was amazing and the flavours were incredible. The waitstaff were really friendly with bubbly personalities which made my experience even more memorable! The combination of flavours delivered on my plate were ones that I had never experienced anywhere else before, and yes they were to die for! The decor was very cool, an industrial chic look, featuring an open kitchen which, as well as working with the space, provided great visual entertainment. For a change it is nice to see your food being prepared before your eyes! Will definitely go out of my way to return to The Chop Shop Food Merchants when I next venture this way south.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Wish I lived in Arrowtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Seriously the best brunch ever. I struggled to decide what to order but went for the Turkish eggs which were incredible. You wouldn't think that yoghurt and eggs worked together but it really was a taste sensation (also the bubbles went down a treat). Our party of ten mostly ordered different things and we all left feeling like we'd chosen well and couldn't wait to come back. Great decor, awesome service and the chef needs a medal! Wish we lived close by because it would definitely be the local, actually would the owners please bring the chop shop to Auckland...

• Visited April 2014
“Absolutely fabulous in all areas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ten of us arrived for a quick lunch prior to a wedding. We received quick fantastic service. The food was superb. Best restaurant I've been to. Loved the toilet!!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best brunch ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went to The Chop Shop for brunch pre a wedding, firstly it was no problem to seat ten with a short time frame. They only problem was choosing what to have...I wanted to order one of everything. The hosting was excellent and nothing we asked for was a problem. I love this place and wish that I lived in Arrowtown.

• Visited March 2014