“Wish I lived in Arrowtown”

The Chop Shop Food Merchants
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Seriously the best brunch ever. I struggled to decide what to order but went for the Turkish eggs which were incredible. You wouldn't think that yoghurt and eggs worked together but it really was a taste sensation (also the bubbles went down a treat). Our party of ten mostly ordered different things and we all left feeling like we'd chosen well and couldn't wait to come back. Great decor, awesome service and the chef needs a medal! Wish we lived close by because it would definitely be the local, actually would the owners please bring the chop shop to Auckland...

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ten of us arrived for a quick lunch prior to a wedding. We received quick fantastic service. The food was superb. Best restaurant I've been to. Loved the toilet!!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went to The Chop Shop for brunch pre a wedding, firstly it was no problem to seat ten with a short time frame. They only problem was choosing what to have...I wanted to order one of everything. The hosting was excellent and nothing we asked for was a problem. I love this place and wish that I lived in Arrowtown.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had been with a friend once before - loved the décor and had a delicious as well as generous iced coffee, but went in again for lunch and was not happy with the communication from the waiter who was supposedly looking after our table. The way the term 'babe' was used every time we were talked to came off as slightly too casual, along with that, more than once "what?" was used when what we ordered was not heard correctly (this came off as rude), especially after our first drinks order was not actually taken to the lovely lady behind the drinks area in the first place.
Also to mention, when it was seen that we had been waiting awhile before being attended to the same waiter mumbled (quite obviously) "I'm coming, I'm coming." which made us feel slightly uncomfortable.

The food was delicious and the rest of the staff were lovely, professional and polite. I'm not usually one to complain but thought this experience was worth mentioning.

2  Thank livirene2014
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect and then we found the chop shop! We shared prawns and chorizo for lunch. The view and atmosphere were spectacular on that beautiful sunny day overlooking the mountains.We thought we'd try the special since we didn't want to leave. We order the mushroom and truffle soup...it was phenomenal! Thank you.