“Graet Restaurant - Unaffordable Wine”
Review of La Rumbla

La Rumbla
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: South American, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a tremendous Restaurant for food Quality, Ambiance, and in Particular service

There is no reason for the exorbitant prices put on the wine,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

A wonderful experience - Staff superb and food equally good.
Thanks Sam and PJ. We really liked the small courtyard to the front, the large doors making it easy to get into. The choice of wine and super beer choice was good. Above all the staff were attentive - we like having our water and wine topped up. I'm sure there are some people that
can be a little difficult and get " Prissy" when told to behave... haha good on you the team at La Rumbla . We will keep coming back to see you ....wonderful! Tanks again!

1  Thank Barnes165
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Fabulous food and service. The atmosphere is vibrant. The food is beautifully presented Well worth a visit..

1  Thank Tina T
Reviewed January 6, 2013

High quality tapas with individual style that makes my wife and I return often. Great wine list and cocktails all at sensible prices. An absolute must!

1  Thank kandamort
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I agree with other recent reviewers that La Rumba is a very good and different addition to the Arrowtown dining scene. The food is unique in town. I have two grouches. The evening we went we had to sit and eat at the bar and stare at the bottles of drink while most of the tables were empty (and reserved). We were there about 1 hour and when we left the place was still only half full. I think they should have a no reservation policy. My wife and I have different tastes in wine and are modest drinkers so we buy wine by the glass. I normally drink Pinot Noir which is the outstanding wine produced in the district but at $16 and upwards a glass it is not competitive with other excellent establishments in town such as the Blue Door bar. Therefore in spite of the delicious food and excellent service this restaurant will not often be visted by us.

Funkycuts, Owner at La Rumbla, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on La Rumbla.
I'm glad you enjoyed the food and service.
With regards to your comment on the wine selection, I do encourage you to come back and take another look.
Since day one we have offered a beautiful local Pinot Noir by the glass for $10 as well as many other NZ and international wines for a similar price.

Cheers