All the hotels we saw in Queenstown were noisy and in the thick of things - you could be in a small town anywhere. But the Millbrook was wonderful. Ok its a 15 minute drive to queenstown but worth every second. Its set in huge grounds so no traffic noise. its lovely walking around the grounds, by the streams, lake etc and just down the road from Arrowtown (hotel operated free bus) , a small town where there are shops and restaurants. Hotel staff are brilliant - really friendly and helpful - organised tours for us when we wanted them (the fjords are just too far to drive yourself in a day - leave it to the bus driver but get one of the smaller tours)although we hired a car for the week so we could get off the beaten track.We stayed in one of the villa apartments and it was HUGE, beautifully furnished, light and airy, clean - in fact faultless, and we have been around! It had 2 bedrooms, large dining room and lounge and 2 large bedrooms and ENOURMOUS bathrooms. But the real news was the HUGE outside balcony which was actually a large deck with room for a large table, chairs and much more space. We were blessed with idyllic weather and every night we made cocktails then phoned for room service which arrived promptly on a motorised golf cart still piping hot and nicely presented. You can order from the room service menu OR off the main menus of the 3 hotel restaurants. We watched the sun set behind the mountain in front of us each evening and thought we were in heaven. Oh to be there now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named New Zealand’s Top Hotel for three consecutive years at The TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, as well as New Zealand and Oceania’s Leading Golf Hotel at the inaugural World Golf Awards in 2014, Millbrook Resort is the definition of five star luxury. Set across 500 acres of Central Otago countryside, with lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle babbling streams, the resort offers a complete escape, just twenty minutes from ‘adventure capital’ Queenstown. The Resort encompasses a 175 room five star hotel, offering a variety of luxurious studios and suites, two bedroom villas, two, three and four bedroom cottages, and Fairway Homes, all designed to capture the history of the resort, the surrounding views of the golf course and mountains, and with complete privacy in mind. As co-hosts of the BMW New Zealand Open for 2014 and 2015, Millbrook Resort is celebrated for a bucket-list-inspiring 27 hole championship golf course, acclaimed restaurants, an award winning day spa, a comprehensive health and fitness centre, multiple conference venues and facilities, and a wide range of onsite activities which allow guests to stay and play for days without even leaving the resort. All in-house guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, preferential green fees, and access to our health and fitness centre. Just a two minute drive from historic Arrowtown, fifteen minutes from Queenstown International Airport, and twenty minutes from Queenstown, Millbrook also provides a free shuttle service to/from Arrowtown and Queenstown so guests can enjoy all that the area has to offer. Millbrook Resort sets the standard for romantic getaways, golfing holidays and relaxing retreats – with a round of golf, lunch at The Hole in One cafe, a signature massage, and an evening at the award winning Millhouse Restaurant or Japanese inspired Kobe Cuisine, just one of the many ways to spend a day at Millbrook Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millbrook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Arrowtown
- Millbrook Resort Arrowtown