I stayed there for 2 nights in their villa suite and it's excellent.
Room: very nice 1-br with a beautiful balcony overlooking the whole golf resort and mountain at the backdrop. Superb relaxing. Only problem is the iPod dock is not working (they changed it but still not working, I guess most of their guests are older guests so they don't quite need iPhone dock and good music?). The fireplace didn't work on the 2nd day, the technician promised to fix it but then when we came back it's untouched.
Staff: very very friendly, very attentive and very helpful.
Surrounding: very beautiful, excellent get-away if you're a country-side person.
To sum up, if you've enough time or if you like get away from the hastle and bustle of city life, I would definitely recommend this place before you go to Queenstown. They charge around NZD300 per night and I think it's definitely worth the money. Arrowtown is just 5 minutes away and it's a very beautiful small town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named New Zealand’s Top Hotel for three consecutive years at The TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, as well as New Zealand and Oceania’s Leading Golf Hotel at the inaugural World Golf Awards in 2014, Millbrook Resort is the definition of five star luxury. Set across 500 acres of Central Otago countryside, with lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle babbling streams, the resort offers a complete escape, just twenty minutes from ‘adventure capital’ Queenstown. The Resort encompasses a 175 room five star hotel, offering a variety of luxurious studios and suites, two bedroom villas, two, three and four bedroom cottages, and Fairway Homes, all designed to capture the history of the resort, the surrounding views of the golf course and mountains, and with complete privacy in mind. As co-hosts of the BMW New Zealand Open for 2014 and 2015, Millbrook Resort is celebrated for a bucket-list-inspiring 27 hole championship golf course, acclaimed restaurants, an award winning day spa, a comprehensive health and fitness centre, multiple conference venues and facilities, and a wide range of onsite activities which allow guests to stay and play for days without even leaving the resort. All in-house guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, preferential green fees, and access to our health and fitness centre. Just a two minute drive from historic Arrowtown, fifteen minutes from Queenstown International Airport, and twenty minutes from Queenstown, Millbrook also provides a free shuttle service to/from Arrowtown and Queenstown so guests can enjoy all that the area has to offer. Millbrook Resort sets the standard for romantic getaways, golfing holidays and relaxing retreats – with a round of golf, lunch at The Hole in One cafe, a signature massage, and an evening at the award winning Millhouse Restaurant or Japanese inspired Kobe Cuisine, just one of the many ways to spend a day at Millbrook Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millbrook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Arrowtown
- Millbrook Resort Arrowtown