Stayed for 3 nights in a village room overlooking the golf course. The room was large and comfortable, and in the cold damp evenings we enjoyed the fire (you need to specify if you want a fire, as not all rooms have them).
There are a couple of places to eat - but make sure you have a comfort break first as there are no facilities in the restaurants. And it was a bit of a walk in the pouring rain!
The pool was great (go first thing in the morning to experience it quiet), and there is a pretty well appointed gym. I wasn't in there while a class was on, but I understand it can be very crowded and noisy during classes.
Overall an enjoyable stay, but a bit let down by some of the areas where I thought the hotel/resort was a bit cheap. At that price per night, free (or even reasonably priced) internet should surely not be too much to ask for. My impression was that they assume if you can afford to stay there, you won't quibble the exhorbitant broadband fees. Check in experience was poor; some of the receptionists needs to have a bit more hospitality training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named New Zealand’s Top Hotel for three consecutive years at The TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, as well as New Zealand and Oceania’s Leading Golf Hotel at the inaugural World Golf Awards in 2014, Millbrook Resort is the definition of five star luxury. Set across 500 acres of Central Otago countryside, with lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle babbling streams, the resort offers a complete escape, just twenty minutes from ‘adventure capital’ Queenstown. The Resort encompasses a 175 room five star hotel, offering a variety of luxurious studios and suites, two bedroom villas, two, three and four bedroom cottages, and Fairway Homes, all designed to capture the history of the resort, the surrounding views of the golf course and mountains, and with complete privacy in mind. As co-hosts of the BMW New Zealand Open for 2014 and 2015, Millbrook Resort is celebrated for a bucket-list-inspiring 27 hole championship golf course, acclaimed restaurants, an award winning day spa, a comprehensive health and fitness centre, multiple conference venues and facilities, and a wide range of onsite activities which allow guests to stay and play for days without even leaving the resort. All in-house guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, preferential green fees, and access to our health and fitness centre. Just a two minute drive from historic Arrowtown, fifteen minutes from Queenstown International Airport, and twenty minutes from Queenstown, Millbrook also provides a free shuttle service to/from Arrowtown and Queenstown so guests can enjoy all that the area has to offer. Millbrook Resort sets the standard for romantic getaways, golfing holidays and relaxing retreats – with a round of golf, lunch at The Hole in One cafe, a signature massage, and an evening at the award winning Millhouse Restaurant or Japanese inspired Kobe Cuisine, just one of the many ways to spend a day at Millbrook Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millbrook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Arrowtown
- Millbrook Resort Arrowtown