“Fantasic little cottage cafe.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walnut Cottage Cafe - CLOSED

Walnut Cottage Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Fantasic little cottage cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Delightful setting just off the main road before Arrowtown.I have been there before for tea and oh so yummy scones.On this vist my husband and I had been given a voucher for Christmas gift.
Oh boy were we in for a treat.As we had our fury child with us my husband sat out in the delightful garden setting while I went inside to place the order.At the counter.I was greeted by a smiling lady.I ordered to full cooked breakfast and a pot of tea for two.The tea came out first.We each had a pot.Excellent as my husband likes his weak I like mine strong.It also came with a timer which was a sand clock to let you know how long the tea had been brewing.When the breckfast came out shortly after.Wow it was a beauty.Fit for any man child.Fantastic.!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank FML537

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Great food, service needs improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a gin and tonic based no the sign at the door advertising it and was given a gin and WATER in the hope that I wouldn't notice. Well, I did and they had run out of tonic!! Seriously?
My friends had lovely dishes which they really enjoyed, the prawn pancakes were amazing. However one of my friends had her desert brought to her before her main course. The ambience and surroundings are truly gorgeous, reminiscent of an old English country cottage and one of a kind in The Queenstown area. They have a few funky items for sale which would be great as gifts.

1 Thank stalkercat
“So relaxing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Lovely place for a lazy afternoon - great food, nice people, beautiful garden, just what you need after a stresful day :) guys, you are doing fantastic job! Just PLEASE PUT SPAGETTI BOLOGNAISE BACK ON THE MENU!!! Thank you!!! ;)

1 Thank Cechopolka
Arrowtown, New Zealand
“Platters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Here is what you do... Order a bottle of local Pino and the platter, its huge two of us struggled to finish it which is a rare thing to find these days.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank QueenstownBikeTours
“Loved the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Loved the food, coffee and the ambience. Fresh food, well cooked and presented.
Although, we were disappointed with the service. Customers come first, cellphone txts or videos later! Also, the playground needs to be upgraded.
Even though we were not happy with the treatment, we loved the food, and will give it another try to check the improvements in the services....after all, everyone deserves a second chance.

• Visited November 2012