“Great breakfast”

Provisions of Arrowtown Cafe
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in a historic cottage in pictuesque Arrowtown, the Cafe serves as a bakery and coffee shop serving savoury and sweet pies, sandwiches and hot dishes. It is licensed serving local Central Otago wines.
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Quaint cottage with a traditional garden, wonderful menu, best coffee in NZ (so far). White bait butty turned out to be an omelette but very yummy.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place has a charming garden you can sit out surrounded by pear trees etc. the coffee and hot chocolate were both good. The eggs Benedict were great. They bake their own bread which was also top notch. I wish I had their recipe for the holland arise sauce yum! Staff were all really nice, chilled out and friendly. I don't think there are any bad places to eat in arrowtown it would seem.......

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We visited this cafe in Arrowtown today after reading reviews on trip advisor.
We were very disappointed.
We sat outside on the veranda, surrounded by garden.
Our orders included mushrooms and bacon on ciabatta. It arrived swimming in a thin bland sauce, the bacon overdone. The scrambled eggs on sautéed potatoes, tomato, and mushrooms. All great, but the potato appeared boiled, not sautéed.
I had the bagel, with smoked salmon, camembert, and cream cheese with their chilli apple jelly. The bagel looked to be freshly made. I had asked, on ordering, whether the salmon was hot smoked or cold smoked, to be told it was cold smoked. I think it was hot smoked, which I love, and it was delicious ! I found the chilli jelly lovely, but a strange mix with the delicate flavour of the salmon. I was also served with it another chutney.
On a positive note, the coffee was excellent.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

When our family entered, there was a great selection to choose from, and we were quite excited to see that they home make some of their food, such as the bread. The meals we got were absolutely delicious, and the little chutney sauce that came with them was superb.
The setting was very quaint and a lovely little cottage setting.
Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great place for a coffee and muffin, or something more substantial like breakfast or lunch.
We had the most beautiful scrambled eggs, toast and savoury scroll. Celebrity chef endorsements all over the walls. Definitely worth a visit, you won't be disappointed!