“Arrowtown is lovely”

Arrowtown Holiday Park
Waihi, New Zealand
“Arrowtown is lovely”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin. Nice location and grounds. The shower was good but flooded the floor unless it angled exactly right. We found the bed lacking in blankets and the man at the office seemed to think I was the weird one to need a quilt for the bed. I figure if places are serious about energy saving (as the stickers in the cabin indicate they are) it would be more energy efficient to not use the heaters at night and have enough blankets on the bed. The tv won the prize for being the smallest one on our travels and wait .. no wine glasses in the cabin?? The young staff person at the check desk was very friendly and accommodating. Location in Arrowtown was great .. easy distance to walk in for a meal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nerw Zealand
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Clean and comfortable room and very warm. Great location and must have one of the few surviving 14" TV s in the country. .....but I'm keen to go back. Our room had an en-suite wet floor with great water pressure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm referring to the shower/toilet block and the kitchen. If all sites were this good I'd live in a camper van! We had a friendly welcome when we arrived. The code for the security barrier is a good idea, but some other visitors didn't seem to get the hang of it, causing delays. The autumn colour in Arrowtown when we visited was fabulous and all around the campsite

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Even though this is a council run camping ground, it is has very clean and well maintained facilities. The view from our Camper to the mountains with all the Autum colours made for a spectular scene. The camp is only about 5-8 minutes walk from Arrowtown.

Room Tip: Close to Arrowtown; level camp sites, sealed areas for campers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a nice campsite, very close to the centre of Arrowtown (walkable). It has stunning views all around. If you play golf this is also close-by and the views from there are wonderful.

We had a motorhome and we had quite a large site. The shower blocks are very new and are excellent - easily the best on any campsite we visited in NZ (we stayed in over 20!).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we arrived, we were expecting a warm welcome like in all the other places we've been to, but oh no, we couldn't have been more wrong. Someone had to work that day and did not feel like it. When the credit card of our friends did not work, they weren't even allowed a second attempt.
The rest of the facilities were nice and clean, but there were signs everywhere stating: DO THIS/ DO NOT DO THAT... ( a bit of an overkill, if you ask me). You do have to pay extra for the showers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Balkestamper
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here over easter a couple of years ago with no problems and great service..... This time was a different story!

I book our tent site from the AA website, as we are members I do this often as I trust the AA's site! I booked a tent site for 2 nights with 2 adults and was quotes $18 a night which was taken from my credit card straight away - perfect, all set!

We arrived earlier than check in on good Friday, just to see if we were able to check in early since it was just a tent site, this is where the service went down hill. When they looked at my booking, they told me that enough hadnt be paid, I told them that I booked via the AA site and showed them the booking for 2 people and said to them you may want to chase up the AA then and make sure their site is correct, straight away, before I even got the chance to say I didnt mind paying the extra, the man said " well we actually have the right to refuse your booking" - a shocking way to talk to you guest when the mistake was not their error! He then said we were actually very early and usually no park would let people check in before 2pm, I let him know we were just here to see if we could check in and that if not we would just go into town for lunch then come back, he proceeded with check in but boy did I feel like a huge convenience!!

The facilities are very good, clean and modern and it is a nice size park in the sense that no matter where you are the bathroom and kitchen aren't far away. In regards to facility, only recommendation is that in the bathrooms it could mention how long $1 gets you for a shower.

We love Arrowtown and will be back and somw stage - fingers croses the service has improves slightly!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Brandsos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrowtown
New Orleans Hotel
Millbrook Resort
#1 of 5 in Arrowtown
Arrowtown Motel Apartments
Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park

Been to Arrowtown Holiday Park? Share your experiences!