“Great Comfort food and even better atmsophere”
Review of New Orleans Hotel

New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #27 of 41 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful Arrowtown on famous Buckingham Street, The New Orleans (New O, as the locals call it) is one of the last historical running hotels in New Zealand. We pride ourselves on providing simple, honest old fashioned hospitality. The hotel has 9 well appointed rooms all featuring free wifi, New furniture,Linen and Decor (updated 2012). Our award winning Bistro and Bar features local seafood,an extensive wine list, NZ Craft Beer and much, much more. We are open 7 days from 8am, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinne.Recently (2013) we have extended our premises to Include Little Micky Finns, Arrowtown's very own Irish and Gourmet Pizza Bar. Featuring genuine Emerald Isle Memorabilia and boasting the best Whiskey collection in town.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had brunch in front of the big fire watching the replay of Brazil playing Columbia. I love the smell of an open fire and the warm atmosphere it creates.
The food was nice and good value

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed in the food here! It's the only place I do not recommend to my customers. I ordered the chicken and it tasted like frozen and heated up in a microwave...
The place it's self is nice and the staff were nice, just not the food.
Walk a little past and you'll see the fork and tap, well worth the visit there.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I sometimes wander in just to have a coffee (great coffee too by the way!) and often then sit down to lunch...a good selection...pub meals but good...love the whitebait buttys! Pricing is good...the fire was on and great squishy sofas in front of it...fab! Another time I took my wee nephew (4) and he was happy sitting there and enjoyed the crayons as well as the lunch! Great atmosphere (and I don't usually like pubs)

Reviewed June 12, 2014

New Orleans Hotel is a strange name for a hotel in Arrowtown, but the world’s a funny place, hey?
I ordered three meals; Oysters; New Orleans Pork Roast and Pan Seared Fish with salad & chips, and I took two ales to the table to wait. The guy taking the order was looking a little flustered and my complicated order of three meals must have tipped him, because we didn’t get the roast. The ambiance of this pub is good as was our truncated meal, and they have a fire burning. The fire, and whatever else they had heating the place was however, failing to maintain a reasonable temperature and patrons were refusing to cast their fleeces. Nice, attractive quiet pub to have a Summer meal.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

After a lovely weekend spent in Queenstown on way home travelled to Arrowtown for breakfast. The New Orleans is great - very cold frosty morning but the blazing fire and welcoming faces warmed us up. The Omelette was amazing with so many filling choices to choose from. My husband had the big breakfast which he said was great. Have also visited the New Orleans during the afternoon after a recent wedding. Always welcoming - nice outdoor area to sit when weather is warm.