“In the middle of the town”
Review of New Orleans Hotel

New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #27 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful Arrowtown on famous Buckingham Street, The New Orleans (New O, as the locals call it) is one of the last historical running hotels in New Zealand. We pride ourselves on providing simple, honest old fashioned hospitality. The hotel has 9 well appointed rooms all featuring free wifi, New furniture,Linen and Decor (updated 2012). Our award winning Bistro and Bar features local seafood,an extensive wine list, NZ Craft Beer and much, much more. We are open 7 days from 8am, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinne.Recently (2013) we have extended our premises to Include Little Micky Finns, Arrowtown's very own Irish and Gourmet Pizza Bar. Featuring genuine Emerald Isle Memorabilia and boasting the best Whiskey collection in town.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Large servings bruskly served. Music videos playing on large screen TV. Pub atmosphere and nice heartening fire.

There are newer reviews for New Orleans Hotel

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were walking through town looking for a place to get soup when we came across this place. It was cold and there was snow in the air. When we walked in the door we were greeted by what I thought was a welcoming pub atmosphere and a fire in the fire place. We placed our order at the bar and found a table by the window. My wife had there soup of the day which was a cream of tomato and I had the seafood chowder. The staff was friendly. We both enjoyed our choices and would go back.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I've never tried rubber duck but I guess it must taste just like the roast pork I had there. The service was average, but the live band was worse. They tortured the amplifier with a cacophony ranging from pop to jazz and I'm surprised the spekers allowed to be set to such low fequencies that you cold feel the sickening vibrations in the car park.

The two stars are for the superb alpine location of Arrowtown and for the red pool table by the entrance.

1  Thank aplescan
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I walked into the pub all looked good the staff were average and not to welcoming, we sat at the table which was not at all clean it was quite sticky, the menu was also dirty it had food stains on it, once we saw the price they were asking for there meals we decided to walk out and go across the street to the stables.

1  Thank Jono369
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We visited this bar after having just been at the famous Cardrona Hotel Bar and man it made this place look bad.

This place had pre-mix mulled wine, no real stuff, they were doing some DIY in the main room while we were there and the builder was clearing phlegm from his throat, you could see into the kitchen where the chef was eating parts of the food being prepared..... Safe to say we left without finishing our drinks.

3  Thank GeorgiaNZ