“A little bit of Paris in the South Island!”
Review of Bonjour

Bonjour
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Have a French Breakfast and try the fresh and simples dishes of France's everyday cuisine in a relaxed environment for Lunch. You have to try our original French Cheese Fondue. Enjoy our fresh Crepes made in front of you. Visit our "Epicerie" with fresh baked Baguette, Croissants, Pain au Chocolat and other pastries. Have a look in our retail shop and try our French Cheeses and other French specialties. Enjoy the French way of life!! Opening hours: Open 7 days a week from 8.30am for Breakfast & Lunch till late afternoon. Early start at 8am on Saturdays & Sundays. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OPEN Groups and functions welcome
“A little bit of Paris in the South Island!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Lovely little French cafe. Lovely crepes, gifts, good service, friendly staff.
Worth a visit for coffee/breakfast/lunch

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland
“Poor.....flavourless galettes.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We decided to try this cafe after someone bought us cinnamon buns for afternoon tea from here which were delicious. We ordered 2 'galettes' filled with mushrooms, chicken and creme fraiche. The cappuccino and the English Breakfast tea were the highlight though.

The crepes were rubbery and the filling was absolutely tasteless. It was purely diced onions, sliced mushrooms and almost poached chicken pieces in some creme fraiche. Other than those ingredients we could not taste any seasoning.

To add insult to injury the $40 bill didn't help. I only ate half of mine and my partner about 2/3 of his. We decided it was better to leave it behind and go home and make ourselves some lunch with flavour.

It is always disappointing to be served up something that you could have made at home that tasted ten times better.

We will not be visiting this French Cafe again despite being locals.

1 Thank tonkskate
lafleurArrowtown, Owner at Bonjour, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thanks you very much for taking the time to write a review on BONJOUR.
We are really sorry for your bad experience at BONJOUR, and we apologies for it. I assumed that you've been at our restaurant yesterday (Saturday), because we had a regular customer complaining about the same matter.We took our chicken ragout (what we used for our Galettes) immediately of the menu, in fact you were right, it wasn't seasoned at all.

Again I've to apologies, and we really would like to see you again at BONJOUR to give us a second chance. My name is Olivia, please don't hesitate to ask for me and it would be a pleasure for me to invite you for lunch.
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Unheard of”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have always loved dining at Bonjour, ever since they opened, I loved the french atmosphere, and menu, the crepes especially.
I have recently returned to Arrowtown and decided to treat myself to a little breakfast, a crepe of course and a hot water to warm my chilly fingers.

I couldn't believe it when I went to pay the hot water cost me $2.50!! I have never been anywhere that charged for hot water, there was no lemon or anything, just a plain old cup of hot water. I just don't understand, it has really tainted my views on what I once thought was a lovely little eatery.

lafleurArrowtown, Owner at Bonjour, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks you very much for taking the time to write a review on Bonjour. I'm glad you enjoyed our crepe. I remember your visit vividly, and would like to answer to your comment. For us a cup of hot water is a regular drink, and in the last 5 years it's getting very common. Considering that we have to pay as well for doing it (electricity, service, dish and the cost to run our business), we think that $ 2.50 is not overcharged. If you would asked for lemon slices by side, we would give it to you, of course with out extra charge. Like we do it with our Teas (lemon, honey, milk etc. by side.) But you ordered just a cup of hot water. Seeing you reading our menu intensely we assumed that you were aware of the prices of our hot drinks, displayed as well at our 'Coffee board'.
Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to stop for lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great setting with delicious food and we had great service. Glad we found this lovely cafe on our holiday.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a rustic cafe that serves up very good quality food. The service is fantastic too and it's nice to hear communication between staff in the kitchen making sure customers are being properly looked after.

I had what would be amongst the best roast chickens I can recall eating; it truly was very tasty.

They have a kid friendly menu too with choices available that any kid would enjoy.

The prices are very reasonable too.

We'd love to eat here again.

• Visited July 2013