“Bon A petit!!!”

Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Have a French Breakfast and try the fresh and simples dishes of France's everyday cuisine in a relaxed environment for Lunch. You have to try our original French Cheese Fondue. Enjoy our fresh Crepes made in front of you. Visit our "Epicerie" with fresh baked Baguette, Croissants, Pain au Chocolat and other pastries. Have a look in our retail shop and try our French Cheeses and other French specialties. Enjoy the French way of life!! Opening hours: Open 7 days a week from 8.30am for Breakfast & Lunch till late afternoon. Early start at 8am on Saturdays & Sundays. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OPEN Groups and functions welcome
Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a recent trip to the South Island to visit relatives, we visited this quaint and charming cafe, which I have to say is a must if visiting Arrowtown. The omelettes were delicious and the staff were so authentically French that I thought I was in France. My husband decided we should have a breakfast that was warming and definitely comforting on a very chilly morning. The young man, who had arrived recently to this part of the country and was from Brittany was very attentive and chatted happily while setting tables and organising his day. I will be looking to forward to visiting again for another breakfast delight.....

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

A lovely dining experience! The mulled wine was the best we've ever had and the food was fresh and tasty. This was our second visit and both times have been enjoyable experiences. The baked Camembert with walnuts was choice; we'll be back!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lovely authentic French café in Arrowtown. Had hot mugs of mulled wine sitting in the sunshine in the freezing temperatures. They leave warm blankets on the chairs for those who prefer to sit outside. Had seafood vol au vent and escargot. Both yummy. And took away a macaron for later. Loved it! Will return to try the crepes.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a great find this is. You could be in France. Wonderful continental staff (not all French but French speaking) to assist in this busy establishment. The home made breads and patisserie items certainly looked like 'the real thing' although we ran out of room to try them. We had the sweet and savoury galettes and a crepe to share amongst our family of four and what wonderful mouthfuls they were. The galettes (savoury & sweet pancakes) made with buckwheat especially suited my gluten free husband.

My only suggestion to improve on this wonderful place would be to suggest they change the chairs from the rather noisy, clunky and clumsy ones they provide. Otherwise, an excellent place to go to. Tres, tres bon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited arrowtown today and there were many restaurants to chose from. The cute little tables caught my eye, and when I walked inside there was amazing fresh French pastries and breads, the coffee smelt amazing! Was stoked how big my latte was and my partner loved the hot chocolate! Had an amazing chocolate custard pastrie like a big profiterole! Loved the french staff, very friendly. Would definitely come back to this place :-)