“Best pies in NZ”

Arrowtown Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Arrowtown
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Arrowtown Bakery is located on the corner of Buckingham and Berkshire streets. The bakery is WORLD famous for its pies!, as well as providing loads of delicious bakery goods; with a cafe attached providing an a la carte menu, cabinet food, ample outside seating and great coffee.
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Sooo much meat in these pies, flavours incredible, lovely pastry. Best pies in NZ !! This is a NZ institution and keeps delivering.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Best pie's I have had anywhere. The venison, yummm. I always stop off when I am in Arrowtown for a quick pie and cake. There are other food options as well, all of which are great. I always tell people to go when they are there and I haven't had anyone come back and tell me it was anything other than great. Definitely stop in if you are out that way and need a feed

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I try many pies but this place ranks in top 5 always quality meat always quality service but they do run out due to high demand don't miss a pie and walk along river to old Chinese miners homes close by.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Staying in Arrowtown so used the bakery for bread etc. Carrot cake slice at 2.60 one of the best we've tasted in NZ. Try the venison pies, so tasty, full of meal which melts in your mouth, delicious!
Bread and rolls(buns) very good.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stopped in Arrowtown on the way out of Queenstown the weather was poor so we had a coffee and fortunatly I turned down the chance of a designer tofu sandwhich. This left room for the best pie I have had in both NZ or OZ. A wonderful lamb pie with pastry to die for. The arrowtown bakery is about 14000 miles from my front door but I will return asap.