I stayed in the Pousada with my 6 year old son this July and I would like to give this place my highest recommendation since it is a fantastic place with great value for the money.
While staying in a lodge at the Pantanal is not a cheap vacation, I realy can say that the stay in Rio Mutum was worth every dollar I paid... The staff is fantastic and really make an effort to make your stay great. The on-site manager Alder is very nice and helpful, and made sure that I have enough meal options since I am vegetarian. The guide Judy was fantastic and very knowledgeable. The activities were great and we really did not have much free time at the lodge because there were activities all of the time. There were at least two activities a day and at one certain day there were even 4 activities.
This place is perfect for families and children since they are really nice to children here, and it is a safe and organized place (with helmet for horse ride and lifeguard vest for boat trips). While this place is relatively close to Cuiaba (only two hours) and there may be lodges more in the heart of the Pantanal, we were able to see lots of wildlife and almost all the animals we hoped to see. We saw lots of Caimans, Capybaras, birds, and several types of monkeys. We also saw giant otters, several types of Macaws, toucans, giant anteater, coati, and much more.
The guide and staff really make the effort for you to see the wildlife. This place is also great if you just want to relax, eat good food, and stay in the pool.
Client satisfaction is very important for these guys, for example, we were supposed to be picked-up back to Cuiaba at 11:00 AM. But since we and the other couple that were supposed to return with us to Cuiaba wanted to leave as late as possible, they let us stay 3-4 hours more and we were invited to have lunch at no charge.
The rooms at the lodge are very clean and comfortable, and the prices of drinks are very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your time in this charming lodge where friendly staff insures your stay is a very special andu nique experience. Twenty two rooms interspersed in a natural Garden setting provide both privacy and confort. All rooms are air-conditioned and have private porches, bathrooms and mini-bars. The Pousada’s facilities include a restaurant with a wide choice of regional dishes, swimming pool with bar, hot tub, Reading room and TV salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pousada do Rio Mutum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Rio Mutum Hotel Barao De Melgaco
- Pousada Do Rio Mutum Brazil/Barao De Melgaco