Granby Hotel
$43
$39
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Thurrock Lakeside(Grays Thurrock)(Great Value!)
$46
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Thurrock(Grays Thurrock)
$43
$39
ibis
$69
$74
$77
$69
Hotels.com
All reviewsstayed saturday nightone nightbrands hatchindependent hotelfull englishhappily stay againwhilst visiting familyroast potatoesinternational stationnext morningbooked this hotelfantastic hotelcooked to perfectionwould stay againplenty of parkingbreakfast was deliciousnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My expectations were low but due to time and meeting location I decided to give this hotel the benefit of the reviews currently posted.

I traveled into ebbs fleet station and got a taxi to the hotel which was about £5 in cost. The front of the hotel was basic but spiral stairs up to reception which I struggled with my bags. I was welcomed by a friendly member of staff. The bedrooms are situated up and down stairs so was difficult again with bags.

The room was basic and small but everything I needed for a one night quick stop over. The room was tidy and clean, bed was small but comfortable.

I went to the main dining room/ bar and was pleasantly surprised. It has be refurbished from IKEA, I know I have the same light fittings! Service was good and orders food which was good.

breakfast in the morning was also good and filling.

In summary if you wanted a quick one night stop over then this is fine, if you want a longer stay I would struggle with this hotel as a little cramped and little around the area. But staff very friendly and helpful and I have nothing to complain about as my expectation was set as low and it exceed that. I would stop again, although might book a double room.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank AndyTalk
louiseatthegranby, CRS at Granby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank you for your review. I have recently taken over responding to reviews and although I appreciate yours was posted last month I am glad your stay was satisfactory. Should you choose to return at any point in the future I should like to point out that we do have 'luggage friendly' and disabled access at the rear of the hotel. We will take on board better signage for this. Also, whilst our basic single rooms are small our twin and double rooms are a good size and perfect for a longer stay.
Thank you once again for your review,
Regards, Louise Baxter

Reviewed December 25, 2010

Near to Eurostar Ebbsleet Terminal, so on a snowy, freezing night, it was shelter. Shower unusable, dirty and unacceptable, toilet fouled and left. for us to find. The carpets hadn't ever seen a hoover, there were plenty of drink ingredients but no cups! The mattresses and towels were clean, but no mattress protectors. We slept in our clothes and left after breakfast. The breakfast was basic, and as we were the only people in the restaurant, we preferred not to be directed to a used table, which the waitress wiped with her hands.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
louiseatthegranby, C.R.S at Granby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

I have recently taken over responding to customer feedback on TripAdvisor and although I appreciate this review was left some months ago I would like to offer you our apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are constantly striving to improve our service and I will ensure the complaints you made are taken on board. Thank you for your feedback.
Regards Louise Baxter

Reviewed November 26, 2010

You have to be measured when writing a review and it should reflect the price you paid. This is my second overnight stay at this hotel and I found the rooms, clean and comfortable. I the restaurant has had a major refit since my last stay and offers an exceptional Sunday lunch. The waitresses were both polite and charming.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 10, 2010

we stayed here when we went to friends birthday party she was having at the hotel. The roomwas ok, nothing special but clean with free tea and coffee which drives me nuts when more expensive hotels make you pay for that. The staff were really friendly although they were very busy with the party which was big. it was good party and we had breakfast next morining wascooked really well. although rooms are old fashioned restaurant and downstairs is very nice and done up recently. Food at both party and breakfast was lovely. it's not a fancy hotel but vit's not expensive either, definitely not like other bad review says.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I couldn’t believe that this so called hotel is actually a homeless hostel doubling up as a hotel for some extra cash. On arrival the reception and dining area looked like a hotel and as though it’s recently had a new paint over, but the rooms don’t give the same impression. The beds are uncomfortable, cleaning pretty non-existent and food in the restaurant very mediocre, but sharing with young homeless people who are bored and just hanging around left us scared to leave any belongings in our room. Do yourself a favour when driving there ….. carry on going, there has to be better!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C0lin123

Thank you for your review. I have recently taken on responding to reviews and although I appreciate yours was left some time ago I should like to apologise for the poor exprience you had at our hotel. I would like to assure you that The Granby is a private hotel and whilst we cannot always ensure that since new management took over in December 2010 you would not have had the same experience.
Thank you once again for your feedback,
Regards Louise Baxter