We live in Panama and decided to go here for the weekend. It is only a 1.5 hour drive from Panama City -- longer if coming from the airport. It is an easy drive, so rent a car and drive yourself. The resort is just what you would expect from a 5 star JW Marriott by the beach. The property is immaculate and the tropical flowers and garden are gorgeous. There must be at least 10 pools. There are many families and many couples, but never did it feel like kids were a bother nor did it ever feel like it was a couples only place. It was nice to see all the families and all the love birds doing there own thing.
The rooms are stunningly beautiful in an understated elegance kind a way. Huge sunken tub with a view to the outside. Very comfortable bed and crisp linens. Didn't have the troubles others mention with the tv. In fact, there were so many channels and a mix of English and Spanish, that i wondered what the complaint was about. We had the lagoon view room with a view of the ocean.
Food: The beef at this resort is all imported USDA prime cuts. I had a veal chop that was so fabulous that my wife asked for the recipe. The breakfast buffet is very nice and vey high quality, with lots of fresh fruits, eggs to order, waffles and crepes to order, etc. There is a swim-up bar with fabulous drinks -- request the local Abuelo rum instead of Bacardi. The burgers and buffalo chicken sandwich were wonderful.
My only complaint about the food is the so-called Japanese restaurant. It is fake Japanese. Everything is doused in cream cheese. I had the nigiri sushi plate and the sushi was OK, but certainly not fresh.
Service -- everyone is very well trained in true Marriott fashion. The best was Javier by the pool. He treated out little dog as good as a paying guest. Everyone was very sweet and helpful without ever being intrusive. Some people complained that service was slow. That was never our experience. We never waited more than 3 mins for a towel or a menu. Everything was spot on!
Well done! We will be back many times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Pacific coast of Panama, Bristol Buenaventura is a luxury oceanfront destination resort and a member of Leading Hotels of the World. The resort sits on 1,000 acres of natural splendor, nestled between rivers, lakes, lush vegetation, and pristine beaches. Blending old world glamour and tropical elegance, the resort is reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Buenaventura Hotel Farallon
- Bristol Bueneventura Santa Clara
- JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort Rio Hato