We stayed at this property for a long weekend and were extremely happy with it. The location is a long way from the Panama City airport - it took us 2 hours with traffic, but it was well worth the drive. If you are thinking of going, check to see if the all-inclusive package is available, we did and it work out to make our stay a real bargain. The package includes all drinks and 3 meals a day with 3 courses each meal. Because many of the guests are paying for their drinks and meals, you dont get watered down drinks or buffet meals like most all inclusive package resorts provide. We paid $330 per night and would have spent about $230 on food and drinks each day.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach, but there are 2 large pools and several smaller pools between the two. Pictures don't do it justice to how beautiful the whole prooperty is. There is always somebody cleaning and folding towels or asking if you need a drink. We were lucky and didn't have any rain, but it was cloudy and warm each day.
The beach has black sand and is not that attractive with brown water and seaweed. But the chairs, umbrellas, and cushions are all top quality. We also found the weekdays to be much less crowded than the weekend.
The staff really wanted you to have a good time. Josue and Juan H. always had a smile and were willing to get you anything you needed. English is not widely spoken by the staff, but they tried to make any effort to understand.
We had all our meals at the resort because there is little close by to the property. We did ride bikes offered for free to see some of the building going on around the area. We also took the golf cart ride a couple of times to the beech front club area. The walk there is much preferred though because it is through a wonderful garden area with beautiful flowers in bloom.
We would recommend going to the resort, it really is very beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Pacific coast of Panama, The BuenaventuraHotel is a luxury destination resort member of Autograph Collection. The resort sits on 1,000 acres of natural splendor, nestled between rivers, lakes, lush vegetation, and pristine beaches. Blending old world glamour and tropical elegance, the resort is reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Buenaventura Hotel Farallon
- Bristol Bueneventura Santa Clara
- JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort Rio Hato