All reviews stayed nights base to explore comfort accommodation mark trips sharon escape coast granada house
Reviewed December 4, 2014

We had a wonderfull stay in Casita la vaca. Nice room, good bed and shower. Very clean and tastefull decorated. Stepping out of our room we entered a lovely patio. Beautiful environment with orangetrees, mountains and valleys, lovely villages. Mark and Sharon made us feel very welcome, They had great tips: route las Alpujarras en Valle Lecrin. Quiet place to relax travelling through Andalusië. We enjoyed nature after visiting busy Malaga on our way to Granada.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed December 3, 2014

We were planning to stay only 4 nights, but we felt ourselves as much at home that we decided to extend our stay by 4 more nights. Besides the beautiful and comfortable sleeping and living quarters, it was the cordial treatment of Mark and Sharon who gave us the feeling of 'home'. They were very helpful with all kinds of practical and tourist information. We felt spoiled by burning the wood stove. We stayed there in late November while overnight temperatures dropped considerably. It was very attentive when we returned home in the evening while the stove was already burning or fire ready.
From Ecrin is only a half hour drive to Granada, so we have visited several times the city. Casa de la Vaca is an excellent base for trips to the Serra Nevada, villages and parks in the area by car or for hiking. In short, an ideal place to stay!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed October 12, 2014

We were introduced to this perfect spot by a terrific fellow from Lecrin who was showing me potential properties due to my plans to move to the area. I was travelling with my mother and we stayed in the two rooms on the main floor off of the lovely outdoor space and fully equipped kitchen. My mother's room was very charming and I stayed in the cave room where the architectural feature of being "built" into the earth was amazing and so beautiful. We also shared a well appointed indoor sitting area and we each had our own spotless and washroom with wonderful towels - the bedding was also of the very highest caliber. It was nice to make a meal for ourselves and enjoy a late night cup of tea in the outdoor area with candles lit by the wonderfully attentive owners, Sharon & Mark. I would also like to say that this was the best internet connection we had from Malaga to Almeria including Granada!! We were only able to stay the one night as it was a bit of a whirlwind trip to decide on a spot to live - and I do believe that the valley of Lecrin has won my heart for its scenery, authenticity, friendly people and proximity to everything else that is Spain!

We made the relatively short and lovely drive to Granada the next morning and took all of Mark's advice in getting in and around what is like a museum of a city - something old and wonderful around every street corner on a perfect September day. It was then and there that I knew I would be moving to Spain and most likely Lecrin for its peaceful small town atmosphere on the edge of a dynamic and historical city. Sharon and Mark - see you again soon - hopefully within the year!!

Room tip: Remember the siesta and buy your groceries before the stores close. If you forget there is a large shopping/grocery store about a 5 minute drive up the hi way which has an excellent selection for anything you might need.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Liz S
Reviewed October 10, 2014

We went down to La Casita to escape the noise of our local fiestas for a few days - best decision ever! Peace & quiet were the order of the day, but you're only 30km from Granada and about the same to the beach. The studio room was perfect for us, it's a huge space, bright and airy and has everything you need. I had to work when I was there, but looking out of the window to the beautiful views made work seem much less of a chore!

The owners, Mark and Sharon, are lovely. They are friendly and welcoming and are on hand for any queries about the area you have. They have a wealth of knowledge on what to do, where to go, where to eat etc. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

This was our first visit, it definitely won't be our last.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed September 16, 2014

Casita de la Vaca. A name that brings forth images of what I considered to be the pivot point of European history, Spain. I fulfilled one of my bucket list by taking a trip to Spain and studying the historical, archaeological, architecture of what I personally consider to be an important part of Europe’s history.

The owners of Casita de la Vaca could not have been more enjoyable and helpful. I spent over a week here and it was the most enjoyable week I spent in Spain. The room was interesting and enjoyable. If I ever get back to Spain I will make certain that I also get back to this wonderful spot.

I give both the facility and the owners the highest-ranking that I can possibly give. They made my stay memorable and enjoyable. All I can say is "visit the area!" , if you need larger facilities they have other options at the property. By staying with them I got to see more of what Spain really is and how friendly the people are.

Casita de la Vaca gave me the opportunity to be staying in a small town and be near a large city the same time. Photograph opportunities abound in my only problem is which one I'm going to share with you the reader.

I fell in love with the area and with my host and hostess, I learned there's a entirely new way to travel rather than staying at the large hotels. Any description I give for my satisfaction will not be adequate, arrived as a guest and left as a friend.

Room tip: They have such a variance of room styles that you would have to discuss your requirements with them. They have accommodations to suit just about anybody.
Date of stay: January 2014