All reviews stayed nights base to explore comfort accommodation mark trips sharon escape coast granada house
Reviewed October 10, 2014

We went down to La Casita to escape the noise of our local fiestas for a few days - best decision ever! Peace & quiet were the order of the day, but you're only 30km from Granada and about the same to the beach. The studio room was perfect for us, it's a huge space, bright and airy and has everything you need. I had to work when I was there, but looking out of the window to the beautiful views made work seem much less of a chore!

The owners, Mark and Sharon, are lovely. They are friendly and welcoming and are on hand for any queries about the area you have. They have a wealth of knowledge on what to do, where to go, where to eat etc. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

This was our first visit, it definitely won't be our last.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed September 16, 2014

Casita de la Vaca. A name that brings forth images of what I considered to be the pivot point of European history, Spain. I fulfilled one of my bucket list by taking a trip to Spain and studying the historical, archaeological, architecture of what I personally consider to be an important part of Europe’s history.

The owners of Casita de la Vaca could not have been more enjoyable and helpful. I spent over a week here and it was the most enjoyable week I spent in Spain. The room was interesting and enjoyable. If I ever get back to Spain I will make certain that I also get back to this wonderful spot.

I give both the facility and the owners the highest-ranking that I can possibly give. They made my stay memorable and enjoyable. All I can say is "visit the area!" , if you need larger facilities they have other options at the property. By staying with them I got to see more of what Spain really is and how friendly the people are.

Casita de la Vaca gave me the opportunity to be staying in a small town and be near a large city the same time. Photograph opportunities abound in my only problem is which one I'm going to share with you the reader.

I fell in love with the area and with my host and hostess, I learned there's a entirely new way to travel rather than staying at the large hotels. Any description I give for my satisfaction will not be adequate, arrived as a guest and left as a friend.

Room tip: They have such a variance of room styles that you would have to discuss your requirements with them. They have accommodations to suit just about anybody.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank azrobert
Reviewed September 16, 2014

The house and accommodation are fabulous & Sharon and mark could not be any more helpful. A although we stayed in the cave room, we were shown round all of the rooms and they are of an exceptionally high standard and fantastic value for money; all of the little things have been considered & it is truly a home from home.
A lovely outside space is available for sitting & enjoying the sun or in the evening & the kitchen is well stocked with extras like cool boxes & ice packs to make picnics.
The house is ideally located, just off the motorway but peaceful & quiet and the village has everything you could need; walks, mountains & tapas!
We will definitely stay if we are in the area again!

Room tip: Every one of the rooms were beautiful, apartment has it's own access
Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank Bcb16
Reviewed July 29, 2014

In the course of my travels around Andalucia I have just stayed in Casita de la Vaca, started by Mark and Sharon last year. Because I needed space to work we elected to stay in the apartment which had room for my partner to write her blog and me to do my study, powered in both cases by an excellent WiFi signal. The local bars are tremendous (one of them has a pool). They offer free tapas with the drinks, and Casita de la Vaca is just a short walk from them, through the cobbled streets of Mondujar.

Would recommend the comfort of the accommodation, the peace and quiet, the warmth of the hosts, all this only 25 minutes from the beach, Granada and Spain's highest mountains. What more can you ask?

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at casita de la vaca this week on an extended business trip. What a wonderful find. I was made very welcome by the owners who could not do enough to make my stay there brilliant. The rooms are so comfortable and great location to see the local area. Highly recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2014