“One of the best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tennant Creek
Threeways Roadhouse
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have to say this is one of the best roadhouses on the Stuart Highway.
Amenities are spotless, food was excellent, yes more expensive than the towns but what do you expect in the outback. We will stop again on our way back down after our business trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived late in the evening & booked into a Glendale room. The room was basic, but clean & tidy & the bathroom was huge. We ordered dinner at the roadhouse & found the staff very friendly & the food pub standard. After a long day travelling it was good to enjoy a nice cold beer at the bar. I would have to say the facilities were a lot better than we expected in this remote location.

Room Tip: I would definitely pay the extra $10 & stay in the Glendale's rather than the standard motel...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We camped at a non powered part of the campground & aside from the heat a very pleasant place. Lots of trees provide shade & some areas minimal grass, but mostly dirt.
Showers are plentiful however there seems to be limited ventilation in the bathroom - you're sweating more after your shower because of the shower steam before.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank campbellse
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in a family sized room, this accommodation was clean and fairly quiet as it's back from the road. There is plenty of parking for cars & trailers. The only negative is we were in a room next to the hot water system or something, as I could hear the pump going off throughout the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Allie6464
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here in the Glendales rooms that are on the Easter side of the van park/roadhouse.

The rooms are small but have split AC and are only 3 to 4 years old, maybe newer.

The fact that the car and trailer were right outside our door and our little dog was with us were great factors to deciding to stay the night. It was an epic drive from Mt Isa with a baby and dog but the cumfy bed and AC here made it all good.

The water was slightly of colour but you get that when you are in the middle of the NT.

There is a pool (did use) and pleanty of room to walk the dog or play with the kids.

The road house food (Dinner and Breaky) was good. Its a true road house style place to eat with plenty of memorabilia on the walls and some massive trucks out in the car park. Don't let this put you off, its not a trucker bar in the USA sense, but it is licensed.

One thing to watch for is the owner crazy yet bi-polarly happy Dalmatian dog that charged at me the wife and pram, our dog was NOT WITH US! It fully charged and did not back off until I took a few paces towards it yelling. I'm a dog person but for city dwelling no doggies this would have left nuggots in their pants.

Apart from the Dalmatian and the water this place is a great place to stay, especially on a road trip.

If you found this review helpful then please give it a vote, I write this to help fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Get a Glendales room!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank TC182TC
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have stayed in the "high end" units at the Three Ways road house many times, just because of its location on a long drive.

Unfortunately they know they have a captive audience and they don't appear to give a damn about service or their facilities.

When we stayed there two years ago, the bed collapsed while we were lying there reading, revealing a great array of dust bunnies and rubbish, which says it all about cleanliness.

This time, despite booking in advance, carefully enunciating the details and having them read back correctly by the efficient young woman who spoke to me. On arrival I was blissfully told by another person "no, you're not here!" No attempt to try a different name spelling or search by first name etc despite all the details I gave her re room price, unit names etc matching theirs. It's not like there's more than one place at the Three Ways to book by mistake! But apparently none of this mattered because there was a room left.

When I enquired about potentially being double-charged, I was told that only happened if someone was a "no show". As I pointed out, given I'd provided all my details to someone else, and this person couldn't find them, my first booking would inevitably be a "no show". Again total indifference other than to say she'd leave a note.

Strangely enough, the next morning, the young woman who'd taken my first booking found my reservation with no trouble at all.

Yes, the beds are just okay, provided they don't collapse beneath you (no hijinks involved).

On the upside, the food served in the roadhouse is okay though we chose not to give them any more of our money and ate what we'd packed.

It really says it all that even at $139 a night all you are provided with are styrofoam cups and wooden stirrers for your one sachet of International Roast.

Someone said to me the place has got worse in recent weeks...it's hard to imagine how.

I've given it two stars but really that's generous, mainly because of the courteousness and accuracy of the young woman who took the first booking. And sometimes you just have to stay there because you're too tired to drive further.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mamacasperson
Reviewed July 18, 2013

There's not another town within 400km of Tennant Creek and Threeways does not pretend to be a resort. We were made to feel welcome and the site was better than a lot of other roadhouses we have stayed at with some grass and trees as opposed to gravel. The amenities were ordinary but not flash. We had a hamburger at the restaurant and it was very good. Finally we appreciated the hospitality of the manager. State of Origin was on that night and he put on free prawns, finger food and chips for the 30 odd tourists who watched it in the on TV in the bar. Nice touch, a lot of other places would not have bothered.

Room Tip: Relax-enjoy the outback experience.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple