“A unforgettable evening!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$563.15*
and up
3-Day Ultimate Ayers Rock Experience: Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Sounds of Silence...
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Sounds of Silence experience begins with canapes and chilled sparkling wine served on a viewing platform overlooking the Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park. Watch as the sun sets over Uluru and feel the immense quiet carried on the breeze over this ancient inland sea. As darkness falls, listen to the haunting sound of a didgeridoo and wander down to join your table for an unforgettable introduction to Aboriginal culture through traditional dance followed by a bush tucker inspired buffet dining experience under the desert night sky, with only the distant domes of Kata Tjuta and red sand for walls. Sit back and relax while you enjoy your first course. Our attentive staff will keep your glass topped up with quality Australian wine and beer so you will want for nothing while you absorb your unique surroundings and meet your fellow table guests. As the night sky twinkles to life, help yourself to an outback buffet that incorporates native bush ingredients such as crocodile, kangaroo, barramundi and quandong. There are salads, barbecued meats and vegetables, as well as a luscious dessert course served with Australian tawny port. After dinner, settle back and listen to our resident star talker decode the southern night sky. Locate the Southern Cross, the signs of the zodiac, the Milky Way, as well as planets and galaxies that are visible due to the exceptional clarity of the atmosphere. Enjoy a steaming hot cup of tea or coffee before you head back to the resort.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“A unforgettable evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

After a very short drive to the Voyages Resorts own viewing area, we had bubbly and canapés as the sun went down over Ayres Rock and the Olgas. There was plenty of room and time to take photos as the didgeridoo player entertained us. We then walked over the brow of the hill down to the dinning area. The staff were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful as we were seated at our tables. We were then treated to some aboriginal dancing. Considering we were in the desert, the food was very good, with plenty of choice and the staff ensured our wine glasses were kept topped up. The 'star gazer' was very entertaining and knowledgable, and we were lucky enough to have a beautiful clear night to view the stars. We had been a bit skeptical that the evening would be a bit cheesy, but this was not the case. We are independent travellers, and do not usually take part in group activities, but we had a fantastic night with our fellow diners. It was my 50th birthday, and I cannot think of a better way to have celebrated. The memories will stay with me forever.

Visited February 2014

Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sounds of silence dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We took the camel ride to the dinner, Canapés and drinks on arrival, beautiful night sky,
All let down badly by the poor quality of cooking styles and presentation of food . The offer of An Australian dining experience was missing , with dry supermarket style salads and a very average buffet.
Disappointing for tourists from around the world
Dollar value not there

3 Thank philip s
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been to a sounds of silence dinner previously, as part of a conference package some years back - the food was OK (I understand it is difficult to provide incredible food under such conditions) but the experience overall was worth the splurge. On that occasion, as well as the star talk with spot light, there were around 5 people manning star-gazing stations a short walk away from the dinner serve area. This was absolutely the highlight for me and made me feel I had got value for the money I spent (much more than I would normally spend at a restaurant dinner). I viewed the moon through binoculars and through telescopes saw 3 moons of Jupiter and Alpha Centauri & other stars, all with commentary from knowledgeable persons. It was really something to remember.
My husband just turned 60 and also retired and a trip to Uluru with Sounds of Silence dinner last weekend (March 15-17 2014) was my gift to him. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The canapes were soggy and tasteless (not to mention covered in flies, although I acknowledge it has been especially bad for flies this year). The food was worse than ordinary - the entree of pumpkin raviolo (not ravioli!) with beef broth tasted like cotton wool raviolo and dettol. the mains were tepid in temperature and pretty uninspiring in taste, the deserts were equally not worth remembering. The wine was not free-flowing as suggested on the brochure - we had to practically crash tackle a waiter to refill our glasses (please, leave the bottle).
While it was extremely disappointing personally it was also very embarrassing due to the many nationalities represented. At our table, as well as one other Aussie couple, there was an Italian couple celebrating their honeymoon and an American couple who only had 2 weeks to experience Australia - one dud night impacts significantly on that holiday. I cringe to think what stories they will tell on their return.
Im guessing you dont care too much about these reviews since you have a captive and unsuspecting audience at such a location. It appears you have even franchised the experience because there were far more buses than there appeared to be guests at our site.
Please drop the price which is way too high for what you offer and I would greatly appreciate a refund thank you very much.

2 Thank claireph1
GMSAILS, General Manager at Sounds of Silence Experience, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear claireph1,
Thankyou for taking the time to write your review.
Firstly I would like to assure you that all our guest feedback is valuable to us and I take all comments on board. Although our Sounds of Silence experience has grown in popularity and we now run more than one site most nights, we certainly aspire to provide guests with an intimate and memorable experience.
It is truly regrettable to read of your disappointment in the evening and I sincerely apologize for the food not being up to standard. I am concerned by your review of the food for the evening as we have recently made changes to our menu and food preparation which has had positive reviews so far. Please be assured I will address your comments with our Executive Chef to ensure we are creating meals to match the magic of the evening and I will also discuss with the team the importance of prompt table service.
Again thankyou for you valuable feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Ayers Rock Resort again in the future.
Kind regards
Leon Pink
Sails in the Desert Hotel
Canberra, Australia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Wonderful Sound of Silence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We did SOS as part of our Luxury package staying at Sails in the Desert accomm. The bus collected us on time. Short trip to the canapé and bubble spot. Just a wonderful view of Yuluru and the Olga's. Plenty of everything. Then a short stroll down into the dinning room/space under the stars. It was a clear, full moon evening. Wonderful. food, service and wine were all really good without being great. We had a cultural dance/welcome presentation. Really wonderful in the open air. Then between main and dessert we had a talk about the stars. Really well pitched and presented. An unexpected highlight. All in all a great night out and goes down as a highlight of our trip.

London, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Stary Stary night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We went to the Sounds of Silence knowing what to expect as we had seen the advertisement and the glossy brochure but that only tells half the story. When we arrived we were offered a welcome drink and then shown to our table which had crisp white table cloths and napkins. there were wild Dingos hanging around looking for titbits from the table we were asked not to feed them as they will become dependent on the scraps and not fend for them self's. We had a buffet dinner consisting of starter the main course was plentiful some thing for every taste after desert the lights were dimmed and a resident star gazer pointed out the stars and constellations as it was a clear the stars were in abundance. Well worth a visit

Visited February 2014