“A nice experience to tick off the list but overpriced for what it is”

Sounds of Silence Experience
Book In Advance
$419.93*
Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Sounds of Silence Dinner in 3 Days
$752.48*
and up
3-Day Best of Australia's Red Center: Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta and Sounds of...
$752.48*
and up
3-Day Alice Springs to Uluru (Ayers Rock) Highlights Tour including Sounds of...
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Sounds of Silence experience begins with canapes and chilled sparkling wine served on a viewing platform overlooking the Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park. Watch as the sun sets over Uluru and feel the immense quiet carried on the breeze over this ancient inland sea. As darkness falls, listen to the haunting sound of a didgeridoo and wander down to join your table for an unforgettable introduction to Aboriginal culture through traditional dance followed by a bush tucker inspired buffet dining experience under the desert night sky, with only the distant domes of Kata Tjuta and red sand for walls. Sit back and relax while you enjoy your first course. Our attentive staff will keep your glass topped up with quality Australian wine and beer so you will want for nothing while you absorb your unique surroundings and meet your fellow table guests. As the night sky twinkles to life, help yourself to an outback buffet that incorporates native bush ingredients such as crocodile, kangaroo, barramundi and quandong. There are salads, barbecued meats and vegetables, as well as a luscious dessert course served with Australian tawny port. After dinner, settle back and listen to our resident star talker decode the southern night sky. Locate the Southern Cross, the signs of the zodiac, the Milky Way, as well as planets and galaxies that are visible due to the exceptional clarity of the atmosphere. Enjoy a steaming hot cup of tea or coffee before you head back to the resort.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I did the sounds of silence dinner in April. We did it as a 'once in a lifetime' experience and a 'must do' when in Uluru.
For the price you pay per person we were a little disappointed and expected something a little more intimate. We dined with 3 bus loads of tourist and were put on a table with other people we did not know - which I understand however would much have preferred a table for just the 2 of us and having to make meaningless small talk to people you aren't even remotely interested in took away from the 'magical experience' I feel it should have been.
I am a vegetarian and found the food (even the vege meal) not great however my husband said the buffett was nice but again not worth the price.
We found the aboriginal dancers a little tacky (we are australian so I guess the non australian tourists would have found it interesting).
The night was a little cloudy so star gazing was not at its peak however we did get to see saturn through a telescope provided. This was pretty cool.
A hint - take a warm jacket, as soon as the sun went down the night it was freazing and I definately under estimated how cool the night could get when the days are so hot. Also we heard that AAT Kings does something similar but of a BBQ style at a cheapier price.

1  Thank StephanieG24
There are newer reviews for Sounds of Silence Experience

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was not totally sure when I booked as I read great feedback and then some not that good. I booked for 4 of us and off we went. 2 busses full of people. I thought it would be crowded and taking away from the experience however THE NIGHT was perfect! Plenty of good wine, food and ... Deserts... To die for! The moon was full so the star gazing was a bit hard. We still had fun and totally loved it. We met some nice people and shared the evening in an amazing location.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a wonderful experience as the stars are so clear you feel you can almost touch them. Watching the sun set over Ayers Rock was lovely itself, the food was Ok; although the soup was not a good start things did improve, and the drink flowed freely; which always helps; but the most amazing thing is the stars; with no light pollution around they really are soooooo clear, and it's helped when there's someone on hand to tell you what you are looking at too.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

"In front of you is the fabled Uluru; behind you are the domes of Kata Tjuta and, possibly the most spectacular sunset you have ever seen."

For my wife and I, we were a bit curious about the trek over to the sand dune. Once there, the evening began just as it was written in the brochure. It was truly a night to remember! Stunning sunset and the food drink and the narrated star gazing show was exceptional!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Reading Tripadvisor and evening speaking with friends we had heard mixed reviews about Sounds of Silence. We decided why not, even if the food isn't great and you can't control Mother Nature, how often do you get away from the smog and lights of a city to look at the stars. We were not disappointed. Watching the sun set while enjoying a nice glass of fizz and a few bush canapés was a very special experience. The food was very good considering the location you were in, there was plenty to eat and all of it was well prepared and tasty. We were lucky to be on a table with such interesting people who we got on with quite well. The service staff were great, drinks were kept topped up, things ran very smoothly and nothing seemed to much of a problem. But the most breathtaking part of the night was when the lights were turned out and the star talker began our tour of the night sky. We didn't want to leave, the boys doing the star talk were fascinating and their knowledge of the skies seemed endless. It was also great being able to use the telescope to look at the planets and stars. We really enjoyed the night and highly recommend it, just remember that Mother Nature can be fickle in the middle of Australia.