“Very good .”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Centre
Kulgera Roadhouse Hotel Motel
Ranked #7 of 14 Red Centre B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After a long trip we decided to stop at Kulgera roadhouse . Reg and mick were very hospitable. Accommodation cheap and clean. Good service all around . Good food especially the beef snitzel. The girls serving eg franka were great . Recommend a stopover there .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2014

As a fan of the roadhouse accommodation experience I appreciated this place, which came highly recommended by my partner. We even drove past Alice to get to it after a long day from Tennant Creek. The rooms are a nice 1950's style, and the layout of the place is homely. I like the pub itself and the staff are friendly and efficient; and I had a fantastic and unexpected Japanese pancake or "Okonomiyaki" - wonderful! Who would think I could have authentic Okonomi sauce and Japanese mayonnaise there?

I did see some people bringing their dogs into the rooms, against the Motel policy, and while they were cute and clearly harmless I thought this was pretty cheeky. That said I wasn't about to tell on them.

The British backpackers and a gentleman who appeared to be a staff member were a bit noisy and obnoxious, but it was sort of part of the experience; in general everything was nice, clean and not expensive. A continental breakfast for $5? Never heard of it since I was a boy!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tuneless_lunacy
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We didn't stay overnight here, but called in for brekkie. Best bacon and egg toastie! Food was lovely and service was wonderful.
Roadhouse was clean and tidy. The accom looked decent too. If you can push on just that little bit further north from Marla to Kulgera I would HIGHLY recommend that you do. Worlds apart in service!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jen L
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We camped here for one night in April.

The people here were very welcoming and friendly. Great service and lots of good advice for our onward journey south the following morning.

We ate in the roadhouse in the evening and the atmosphere was good. The food was also excellent.

Toilets are a little dated, but clean and perfectly useable.

A good overnight stop.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Stanandahalf
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were on 10 - 11 February 2014 in Kulgera Roadhouse and we liked it very well. The manager and his wife received us very friendly. We felt very cared. The bungalow, the room was very nice, it was clean and perfectly fine for us. The food was very good, the service and everything was good. The pool was clean and with unexpectedly cool, refreshing water. I can the Roadhouse with this manager really recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Britta M
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I arrived on Australia Day and was able to check in straight away so staffing levels were good.
I had a budget twin room which had air con, from the front I did not think there was a window to the room but there was. Room was basic but was clean and not shabby at all. Bathroom was separate and meant going outside.
There was a swimming pool which we did not use.
Staff and locals were great and made us welcome. They gave us advice and helpful tips for our onward journey.

Room Tip: I preferred this hotel to the one on the south side of the border (Glendambo, where I also stayed...