“Thumbs up”
Review of Katherine Motel

Katherine Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Katherine
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was initially going to stay a couple of nights, extended my stay here. Clean and nice smelling room. Service great, staff are nice. Comfy bed. Walking distance to town. Reasonably price. R & R is what I needed and I'm pleased to say that's what I got. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Lilee47

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's reasonably clean and comfortable. The food there is nice so from a business point of view, it's quite good. It is better than average and I have stayed in worse. I do normally stay elsewhere when I'm in Katherine however, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Enjoyed the whole experience food, service, convenience to other shops and the centre of town made our stay enjoyable.
We now stay there every trip back. That's about five a year.

Our host and chef, Mark, is excellent at both tasks.
Talk to Mark about a deal for repeat visitors especially if you are working in or around Katherine.
Well done

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Trailingedge
Reviewed March 16, 2013

On a recent trip to Katherine for work purposes I decided to stay at the Katherine motel. I spend a lot of time in Katherine for work and this was my first time to choose this motel. I was very pleased with my decision! The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped with everything I needed. Location is second to none and the staff are friendly and very accomodating. From when I checked in to check out in I received fantastic service (not usual in Katherine!!!) I spent every evening in the restaurant and the food was amazing. The porterhouse steak is to die for!!! The chef even came to my table to ask if I enjoyed my dinner!! This is service!! I will never choose another motel or restaurant in Katherine now I know this place exists and can't wait for the next trip!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank backpackers0_2011
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been staying at the Katherine Motel on and off for about 4 yrs, in the past it has been of a very good standard, clean, comfortable rooms and well maintained surrounds.. BUT I stayed there at the end of January 2013 and they have refurbished the Bar and Restaurant, it looks great,, clean, fresh and friendly.
The bar staff are delightful and the food in the restaurant is excellent ,,, they are even open for Breakfast these days,, I don't often write reviews, but on this occasion it was a must,, the experience was one of the best I have had in Katherine and will definitely be returning.. congratulations to all at the Motel the new changes look great...
Mark (Bunda Station)

Room Tip: superior or superior plus is the way to go
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gillen61
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The motel staff is very friendly and the motel is in the center of town. The rooms are basic but very comfortable to sleep in. The restaurant has amazing food. The pool area is great with BBQ access. And with a laundry service you can easily wash your own clothes.

Room Tip: I suggest getting a superior room instead of budget.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cia L
Reviewed October 8, 2012

People stop at Katherine because (a) Katherine Gorge is really worth a look and (b) there's nowhere else for miles and miles and miles. Unless greasy spoons and wooden shacks are a taste trend I've entirely missed, you don't stop here for the world-renowned culinary and accomodation delights.

Within this context, the Katherine Motel is really OK. The rooms have paper thin walls, and the furniture and decoration have certainly seen better days, but it's clean and free from infestation of the kind one fears in this quadrant of Australia i.e. no creepy-crawlies or reptiles. It's also refreshingly cheap and the staff are friendly and pleasant.

The restaurant is bright and cheerful, and obviously a popular haunt with the locals. Food was tasty and reasonably priced - I had a decent Barramundi of the non-battered variety, along with perfectly respectable wine.

Now I'm going to be unashamedly snobby: what you can't account for here is the other guests and the locals. There was noise all evening from the other rooms where quite a lot of drinking was going on, and late at night outside from drunk aboriginals yelling at each other. The motel rooms back onto the street and you're in the middle of town, so I guess this is to be expected. With 700k of driving ahead of us next day I was none too tolerant and getting stressed but fortunately the noise subsided before too long.

I think in this place, and at that price, a reasonable night's sleep and wholesome grub are all you have a right to expect, and having got that, we came away happy next morning.

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance don't back onto the street and may be quieter. Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family