“Friendly service and quiet location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Tree Motel

Pine Tree Motel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Katherine
western nsw
“Friendly service and quiet location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Older-style motel room, but very comfortable and all that is needed. Location is excellent - in a quiet part of town. Service was great - very friendly and helpful. Pool was well-maintained and parking was off-street. Stairs up to second floor a bit steep. Didn't try restaurant, but menu looked good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katherine T, Manager at Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our motel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we value your opinion. By telling us what you liked about our property and staff, and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.
We hope we can be of assistance in the future if you ever choose to come back this way again.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at pinetree2@bigpond.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Julie Rawlings
Manager
Best Western Pine Tree Motel
3 Third street
Katherine NT 0850
Ph: (08) 8972 2533

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family spent 01 night for the second time at the hotel. We are 2 adutls and 2 children. The bedroom we stayed contained 1 double bed and 2 single beds. It was espacious and a good sized for us. There were coffee and tea facilities, tv and bathroom.
We had a quiet night. The hotel has carpark, a clean and good size swimming pool with barbecue facilities. It was very handy to spent a night in there and next morning drive to Nitmiluk Gorge.

Thank you Best Western staff for again provide to us a very nice stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Katherine T, Manager at Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We like to hear from our guests, your opinion is important to us.

We endeavor to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable, and are pleased when we are able to do just this.
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Friendly, efficient and helpful front desk. The room was clean and spacious, although that it looks a little used. But I only paid 120$ for 1 night. Breakfast was nice.

A very nice stay and I would like to return.

Katherine T, Manager at Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We like to hear from our guests, your opinion is beneficial to us.

We aim to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable, and are pleased when our aims are met.

We look forward to seeing you again if you come back this way.
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

A middle of the road motel in Katherine where value is hard to find.Hi season at present and the place is well patronised by workers and some tourists.nice salt pool,good wifi reasonably priced for those who need a night or two in this service town

Katherine T, Manager at Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. I like to try and make my guests happy and feel comfortable.
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here last week for work.
Check in was quick and easy.
My room was clean and the bed was comfortable
The restaurant was closed but staff gave us directions to alternatives
While it does seem to be in need of a bit of a facelift, I was very happy with my stay.
The grounds were well lit and quiet . I felt very safe staying here and slept well.
I will recommend this motel to others without hesitation.

Katherine T, Manager at Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. We are glad you had a good stay with us and we were able to help you feel safe and comfortable.
Thessaloniki, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've stayed at Pine Tree Best Western Katherine on 30th March 2013. I've paid 149$ Australian for a double room. The hotel is the worse one I've ve ever stayed. Dirty, smelly with rude owners. I am wondering why a hotel chain like Best Western downgrades his fame by cooperating with such a low lever service units. I live in Europe and until yesterday Best Western label meant for me a reliable hotel that I could trust. Not anymore. The very rude owners annoyed by me and my arrival after 6pm like I had visited them at their home and not at their motel. The bathroom was so small and unconfortable that, when we had shower all the floor got wet and the water was running into the room. My reservation included free wifi, but the owner asked for extra money and even after I showed her my confirmation she gave to me a card for just one hour. I feel very disappointed.

Room Tip: check your room first....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ELENIL_13
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

It is true there is a need for an update and make over at this property. However the new managers appear to be pushing for this to occur and in the meantime what you will find is a clean, QUIET, motel with large, light and airy rooms. I was here for five days and have no complaints - I will stay again.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms would be my choice again ....
Katherine T, Manager at Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I am glad we were able to help you and make you feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again.