Rooms were clean and comfortable and fresh smelling without obvious perfumes. Yes, in some respects a little tired, but it only claims to be 3 star so you're not going to get a standard of appointment warranting 4 or 4.5 stars. We requested a ground floor room for companion with physical impairment when booking (directly by phone), but like most places during our trip this wasn't delivered until we challenged the room allocation. Loved the ground floor location, we had a door onto a patio, with a gate directly into the pool area, which was most convenient. No swimming in the creeks etc in the northern part of the national park, so the hotel pool is the best way to cool off.
The restaurant was very nice, though not the standard of service you find where a source of professionally trained wait staff is available. Menu is dominated by bush tucker flavours and ingredients, a good place to be a bit adventurous, our selections were delicious. The restaurant is deserted at lunch time, we found the meals were enormous at lunch.
We'd certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the marble foyer to the air-conditioned guest rooms, Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel is a cool retreat in the midst of Kakadu National Park s wilderness. This uniquely shaped hotel, just 2 hours drive from Darwin, is the ideal base to explore Ubirr and Nourlangie rock art galleries and view the towering sandstone escarpment of Arnhem Land. The hotel offers 110 guest rooms making the shape of a crocodile which overlook's a central shaded courtyard and swimming pool. Award winning Escarpment Restaurant offers tastes of Kakadu with both buffet and a la carte options available. Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel also has an Indigenous art gallery showcasing works from the Kakadu and Arnhem region. Guests have access to a 9-hole golf course, Olympic-size pool, and tennis courts at neighbouring Jabiru Township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Hotel Kakadu National Park
- Holiday Inn Gagudju Crocodile
- Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kakadu National Park
- Kakadu National Park Holiday Inn