At check in I was informed that the pool was unavailable which I wasn't happy about as I go to a resort style place to sit around the pool of an afternoon to unwind and relax because thats what holidays are for. The check in guy seemed very unsympathetic about it but did offer us free passes to the local pool (which I'm still waiting for) but if I wanted to go to the local pool I might as well have stayed at the local pub.
The rooms were reasonably spacious with good comfy beds and A/C. There is only provisions for coffee & tea making. There's no kitchenette, toaster,cutlery, plates etc.
The resturant is nicely set out but the indigenous folk sit at the tables and chairs outside it getting up to their antics which is very off putting. The dinner meals are a bit better than a standard pub meal but are about $5-$8 over priced per main meal. I didn't have breakfast there but it looked to be well set up with a lot of baynmaries so there may be a good selection. The restaurant staff are very accommodating and plesant.
All in all I'd have to say it was less than I expected and under whelming for the money. The rooms and complex on a whole are dated with little to no renovation having been done since the place was built in 1988 (appart from the pool area that is grrrr). 6/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the marble foyer to the air-conditioned guest rooms, Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel is a cool retreat in the midst of Kakadu National Park s wilderness. This uniquely shaped hotel, just 2 hours drive from Darwin, is the ideal base to explore Ubirr and Nourlangie rock art galleries and view the towering sandstone escarpment of Arnhem Land. The hotel offers 110 guest rooms making the shape of a crocodile which overlook's a central shaded courtyard and swimming pool. Award winning Escarpment Restaurant offers tastes of Kakadu with both buffet and a la carte options available. Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel also has an Indigenous art gallery showcasing works from the Kakadu and Arnhem region. Guests have access to a 9-hole golf course, Olympic-size pool, and tennis courts at neighbouring Jabiru Township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Hotel Kakadu National Park
- Holiday Inn Gagudju Crocodile
- Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kakadu National Park
- Kakadu National Park Holiday Inn