Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel
Aurora Kakadu Resort(Kakadu National Park)
$153
$148
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Cooinda Lodge Kakadu(Kakadu National Park)
$111
TripAdvisor
$84
$81
Hotels.com
1,238 results
All reviewscrocodile shapeescarpment restaurantindigenous artshaped hotelunique hotelthe ground floorgift shopwet seasonbit datedboth nightsremote locationbuffet breakfasttop endan oasisyellow waterkakadumiddle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrive in this hotel in Jabiru, the lobby is nice and airy and the receptionist was very friendly and that was it. Airconditionnning was noisy and lousy, the bathrooms were not really clean, and the service in the restaurant was absolutely lousy.... The only good things were the clean bedsheets and the very nice pillows...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EmmanuelleB
Paul_Flett, General Manager at Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear EmmanuelleB

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn. It was nice to read that you had a wonderful arrival experience but disappointing to see we let you down in other areas. Both the F&B Manager and housekeeping have received a copy of your feedback so they can reflect on what they need to improve on and I apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was on a three day tour and was concerned that it would be strenuous. ( actually it wasn't ) I wanted somewhere that I could be sure was clean and comfortable and quiet. This was the first time I have stayed in a hotel in Australia so I was not sure what to expect in Kakadu.
I was delighted to find it cool and v comfortable. My room was v spacious and comfortable although I would have light more instructions on the workings of the ceiling fans and the TV. Coming from the Uk it was a bit different. I didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. I asked for an upstairs room in order not to be disturbed by people overhead and I certainly found it all v quiet. The dinner menu was varied but a bit expensive. I was on my own and the waitress was v attentive. My main gripe is the lack of wifi and it wasn't until checking out that I discovered that there are 25 free minutes on the two computers in reception. If you want that you have to get there before anyone else!
This isn't an ' authentic experience 'in the wild but a good standard hotel as an antidote to a demanding trek.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jacqui D
Paul_Flett, General Manager at Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Jacqui D

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in Kakadu. WiFi is available in the restaurant and lobby areas if the hotel and all guests are entitled to 20 minutes free use per device per day. If you are an IHG Rewards Gold or Platinum member you get free basic internet for 24 hours each day of your stay.

What did you do in the park, Ubirr, Nourlangie, Yellow Water, all great attractions to experience.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My dealings started with Alagu at the front desk. Nothing was a problem for him and gave us great advice for tours. Min was also very helpful when it came to the booking of the tours and directions to get there. Room was nice and clean, overlooking the pool. Beds were comfortable. Pool was great after a long day on the road! Escarpment restaurant was good. The lobby was great and accentuated by the great art displays. Thank you and we will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Paul_Flett, General Manager at Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Faith_and_me

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us and you enjoyed the room, the pool, the restaurant and the art gallery. It is always makes my staff proud when they manage to ensure our guests have the best possible stay at the hotel.

Did you get to see much of the park while you were with us?

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We drove out to Jabiru for a day trip had lunch at the Gagudju Crocodile Inn , when you walk in very impressed , the lobby is lovely staff are very friendly but the restaurant food was poor. My husband had barra and chips, fish was very dry , I had steak in Turkish bread with a little bit of salad and onions this came with no dressing or sauces of any kind it was really dry worst one I have ever had this was pub food at restaurant prices , on the way home we stopped at the Corroboree Park Taven for Dinner this was 100 percent better and at half the cost

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise G

Dear Denise G

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your lunch experience at the Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn. I have passed on your comments to my food and beverage management team and I apologise for the quality of your meal. What you have described is unacceptable and we at the hotel have let ourselves down by producing this poor effort.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was ok but I may have been expecting more. The rooms were tired but very clean, staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was over priced and the quality was poor. However, I am glad I visited but probably won't again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Paul_Flett, General Manager at Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear darwinntvisitor

Thank you for your feedback in regard to your stay at the Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn. Great to read you found the staff friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean. I have taken on board your comments in regards to the restaurant and will be meeting with my management team to discuss ways this can be improved.