“best camping trip EVER”

Kakadu Gorge and Waterfall Tours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“best camping trip EVER”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our 3-day kakadu tour with TERRITORY EXPEDITIONS, booked through TRAVELWILD AUSTRALIA, couldn't have possibly been any better. Our guide, Heath (who also goes by Wilbo), is intelligent, responsible, organized, super knowledgeable (about the park, the flora and fauna and the indigenous culture and history), funny and caring. He drove the vehicle safely and took time to get to know each of the 16 guests personally. The sights were beautiful, the hikes were fun, the swimming holes were gorgeous (but freezing cold!!!), the views were spectacular and the wildlife was amazing. When Heath found out I was really interested in birds, he took time to help me spot them. The termite mounds, the bush fires, the super starry skies, the parrots, the sounds - this was the outback I have always dreamed of.

The campsites were super nice with pretty posh wash houses, including hot water! (though I preferred sleeping on swag at the first site to the bunks at the company's own site - the bunks were kind of uncomfortable - several of us had stiff backs in the morning). One tip: a sleeping bag was not necessary - it was warm all night, and this was the "cool period" - a pillow, however, is not provided, so bring your own if you need that. The food was great and there was plenty of it, so I'm not sure about a previous review to the contrary. OK, the tea towels weren't pristine and maybe the dishwashing procedure didn't get everything sparkling the way you would do at home, but this is, after all, a CAMPING trip and it really was the best one I've ever been on.

Interestingly, with all those positives mentioned above, the very best thing about our trip was the group dynamics. Somehow 16 people from all over the world came together and all got along great. Partly, this was due to Heath, who was pretty savvy about creating opportunities for us to interact right from the beginning. I hope I made some new friends. Would not only recommend this tour, but would do another one with Heath and Territory Expeditions if I ever am fortunate enough to come back to NT. Thanks so much for a super awesome time, dude, you totally rock!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank BatgirlinSingapore

Sydney, Australia
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“5 Day Kakadu, Katherine and Litchfield - Don't look past Sugarbag Safaris!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went on a 5 day rugged camping tour of Kakadu, Katherine and Litchfield with Sugarbag Safaris. If you're looking at doing a camping tour of the place, don't look any further. Hamish who runs Sugarbag, is your guide, and he is absolutely wonderful. He has lots of knowledge about all the places he takes you, and the things that you see. Its a small group tour in a Landcruiser Troop Carrier, and by having a small group the experience is much better.
Hamish takes you to lots of wonderful places around Kakadu etc, and there's plenty of chances to go swimming and take in the beautiful surroundings.
I couldn't choose a specific highlight, as the whole tour is so wonderful. Seeing all the waterfalls and going canoeing in Katherine Gorge is just amazing.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to see Kakadu, Katherine and Litchfield. Hamish and Sugarbag Safari's are the perfect tour to choose!

5 Thank Megan C
Brisbane, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Kakadu Air Fixed Wing Flight”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive on taking a flight on a small plane but to my surprise our flight was on a 10 passenger plus two pilots air caravan plane. What an amazing experience flying over Kakadu and Arnhem Land. Our pilots looked so relaxed it made me feel relaxed and I felt so safe and enjoyed the flight immensely. It is the best way to see Kakadu because from the air you get to see sights and fly over places unreachable by humans. I would thoroughly recommend this to everyone coming to Jabiru. It is a must. Thanks Kakadu Air for such an amazing experience and also for the courtesy bus that picked us up from the Caravan Park . The staff were so friendly and great ambassadors for the Company.

2 Thank cheryl m
Darwin, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best tour ever!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was an amazing experience. The place speaks for itself, but having a really down to earth professional tour guide made the tour an unforgettable experience. If you love waterfalls, bush walking, camping and swimming its the perfect tour. The tour guide had a really thorough knowledge of the history of Kakadu, Aboriginal culture and the local flora and fauna. The bathroom facilities at the camping grounds were great and the food provided plentiful and delish.
Highly recommend this tour!!

4 Thank Ana_Smolcic
Singapore, Singapore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Review on Territory expeditions, darwin”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hi
I recently ( on 4th may) booked myself on a 3 day kakadu trip with Territory expeditions...and returned from Kakadu this evening.
This was a 3 day camping trip meant for a reasonably fit and active audience.
A well planned itinerary led by our very professional and friendly guide, Wilbur( wilbo),,, we were a motley group of 7 from Wales, Northern Ireland, Darwin Germany and myself from India.. First,The NT is absolutely breathtaking in flora and fauna with beautiful scenic drives...wilbo did a fab job with gettingthe group together , allocating tasks and all of us did a fab job as well in going with the flow.. A classic case of team work under able Wilbo... I had an opportunity to spend some time chatting with him at the front seat.. He was a knowledgeable tour guide and a good listener, keen to learn from the group's experiences..
To sum it up, a trip worth the time, effort and the dosh

Visited May 2013