“trendy eatery”

Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Soho has been around for quite a few years now and is a popular and successful restaurant which caters to a young crowd. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and dominated by a large central bar area adorned with floral arrangements. The lighting is imaginative and the music is loud for a restaurant . there is a large menu including many sushi items, some of which are very good. However, the restaurant is still missing something. There is a somewhat impersonal feel to the service and the atmosphere is more like a bar/club than a restaurant. The waitress had to be asked a few times to bring certain things to the table and never once asked if every thing was okay.
The drinks are very expensive here and the dessert prices are outrageous. About $14 for a dessert which was basically ice cream and a horrible gooey caramel syrup with a thick wafer coated in chocolate that a chisel with a hammer would be needed to break into pieces. We probably would've sent in back but we couldn't find our waitress to do so. When we told her about it I expected her to remove it from the bill, but she didn't. The last time I went to Soho was a few years ago and it will probably be another few years before I return again.

1  Thank SharonIsrael
There are newer reviews for Soho

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was invited once by friends, and got hooked. Since I lived about 1 mile away, I have tried the place for business lunch, dinner, take away and delivery!

I am crazy about their 'fried rice chicken', which comes in a huge bowl, and always hits the (hungry!) spot.

Other recommended items include most of the menu :) Their meats are made very well, and my fish-loving friends were always full of praise of their different selections. The atmosphere is very relaxing, although at early hours with families, can get a bit noisy to some.

Service is as good as it gets, efficient and kind. Very recommended!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This retaurrant has a rich and very tasty menu, great place to eat.
The service is one of the best I ever had.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is not the first time I was taken to that restaurant. To begin with, the place is very noisy. No doubt the dishes are very generous and well presented, but it stop there because the taste is a big disappointment. The coffee is very good though...

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very nice cuisine, exquisite interior. Liked a lot the food, even if sometimes a little bit too spicy for me. Our son who is a vegan found something to eat as well.