“CR Best Tours = Pura Vida!”

Costa Rica Best Tours
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Sardinal
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica best tours is a family company offering the best of our land, with friendly service.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Before my girlfriend and I went to Costa Rica to stay at the Riu Guanacaste, we did a lot of research on tour companies. We chose to do our excursions with CR Best Tours, because a 100% approval rating on TripAdvisor is rarely wrong :) And boy, were the reviews right. Jose/Erick could not have been nicer and more accommodating in setting up our tour, and then the tour itself was fantastic. Our guide's name was Francisco (but everyone calls him Chico!), and he was so incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and fun! We did the "Hacienda Guachipelin" tour, which included horseback riding, whitewater tubing, a delicious authentic Costa Rican lunch, and then an awesome afternoon of zip-lining/rappelling/rock-climbing. Chico was even nice enough to stop on the side of the road on the way back to the hotel, so that we could witness a migration of howler monkeys in the trees around us. It was a great way to end the best day of our entire vacation. So if you're looking to do a tour in this region, look no further than the guys in the pink shirts! Pura Vida!

4  Thank Brian K

Reviewed June 2, 2014

These guys are GREAT! If you are staying at RIU Guanacaste or RIU Palace you have to go down to the beach and look for Jose and Erick. We booked a private day tour with Jose and it was the best day of our whole vacation! Attention to every detail, also gave great dining advice for Pacific Lobster in Coco Beach.

2  Thank TNGIRL37743
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Firstly, these guys have one of the best offices in the world, right on the beach in Guanacaste! My, new, wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Riu Guanacaste. Before going we checked out places to go and people to help us see these places. We came across Costa Rica Best Tours and some excellent reviews. When we arrived, we searched out Jose & Erick and realized the reviews were true. We ended up taking a day long trip to Buena Vista, they offered private tours for 15 dollars more a person so we went with that, and we are so happy we did! Jose took us on the trip and gave us more than we could have asked for.
There are many options on the beach, I suggest getting in touch with Jose & Erick, they will not let you down. Trustworthy and friendly are just two ways to describe them, you can see more in the positive reviews on this page. I suggest checking them out before you go at www.costaricabesttours.com

2  Thank AnastasiyaNick
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This was my first time in Costa Rica. My friend and I were staying at RIU Guanacaste. We decided to go on an excursion to see the country and have an adventure. We were on the beach and chose to book the Mega combo package with the guys in the pink shirts, Erick and Jose. These two gentlemen are a delight to work with, very flexible and passionate. My friend and I had a blast on our full day adventure - horseback riding, hiking, relaxing in the hot springs, and zip lining. I would not hesitate to work with Jose and Erick when I return to Costa Rica in the near future!

Pura Vida!

3  Thank NYwd
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My mom and I are staying at the RIU Palace in Guanacaste and after hearing recommendations from other guests and reading the reviews on this site we sought out "the guys in the pink shirts" on the beach. We searched for two days before finding them and Erik offered us a great deal because he heard that we had been looking for him. We started early the next morning with a float down a beautiful river to try and catch sight of some animals. José led the first leg and was very friendly and told us great stories as we drove to the river, telling us about Costa Rica culture and life and past tour experiences. During the rafting tour we ended up seeing howler monkeys, crocodiles, butterflies, bats, dragonflies, and a ton of different birds. The guide for the float was very nice and super informative, pointing out tons of animals that we might have missed and he even turned around and stopped the raft so that we could see better and get some great photos. Halfway through the trip the raft guide sliced up the most delicious pineapple we'd ever eaten and passed out snacks and drinks. After the raft we stopped at a local restaurant for delicious traditional fare and then moved on to a waterfall. The Cortez Waterfall was by far the most beautiful waterfall I've ever seen with small minnows swimming in the water and Jesus Christ lizards sunning on rocks everywhere. After the waterfall we stopped in Coco Beach to see the ocean view and shop for souvenirs where we got some great deals. Overall it was a wonderful day with several awesome tour guides for a great price. If you choose any tour group, choose Costa Rica Best Tours! Thank you Erik and José!! We will come and see you the next time we come to Costa Rica.

2  Thank Karcocha