“Above average and friendly staff”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Trondheim Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stjordal
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Going on a business trip is not always rewarding hotel wise, and certainly not easy regarding options. This time I tried the Radisson Blu for a change, after a rather disappointing stay in Helsinki one year ago. The hotel took me by surprise, with a spacious entrance/bar area and a modern style. Rather new and located at the airport it is practical for many reasons, and the proximity to the runway is not a problem regarding noise.
The rooms are nice, with a water boiler and coffee/tea, and a desk. A small table and a chair is also available. There is a view of the fjord and surrounding mountains on one side of the hotel. Breakfast is very nice, a good selection of hot and cold dishes. I had my dinner in the hotel restaurant, a little expensive but very good. The area around the hotel is currently full of construction work, so there are some limitations to where you can walk.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Trondheim Airport

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was traveling alone and catching an early morning flight to Copenhagen. Thus I checked in the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel.
I received call at 1.55am from a man that he wanted to get into my room. I was surprised that why the man knew that I was traveling alone. Thus, I feel that the hotel is not safe and lady who travels alone is being watched.
I feedback to the receptionist but I guess they can't do anything about it. This is the attitude that she gave me when I feedback to the hotel.
Location is good. Just have to be more careful for lady traveller.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank IvorynGold
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After a long flight from the States, it was such a joy to have a clean, quiet room to sleep in before taking the train in the morning for further travels. I contemplated saving money by simply taking the train after my flight, this avoiding the cost of the hotel room. I'm so glad I chose to pony up a few bucks instead. I am still here and after a long sleep and shower feel revitalized.

The trains leave from the hotel and flights are 1/2 block away. I would never know it. I haven't heard anything but the beautiful sounds of stillness. What joy to have convenience and solitude all in one!

The staff are very friendly, even providing me with an electrical adaptor when I forgot my own.

Wish I could give it six stars. Thanks Radisson Blu! I'll be back on my way back to the states.

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Loacted nextdoor to the airport. Nice rooms and good soundproofing.

Be aware in the nathroom when taking a shower - keep everything out of the bathroom. If you have a room with shower as one of my collegues had there is only one dorr in front of the shower. Meaning that everything is getting wet.

If you have a bathtub teher is a small glasswall, but tha water is still all over the floor. This is beacuse there is openings around the small glasswal leaving space for the water. These two solutions seems not very well designed.

The breakfast was ok, but not the best I've seen. Not bad at all, but could do better also.

Overall a nice hotel, with helpful people in the reception.

Excellent food in the restaurant, but quite pricy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Located right next to the airport, I was a walk-in guest with no reservation. The reception desk was professional and efficient and had live flight information displayed on a mounted screen. The elevators and hallways were wide and accommodating to people with large luggage.

My room was quite spacious - decorated and fitted in the typical Radisson Blu format. The view was of an empty lot with dirt and rocks, which I found so terrible that it was actually cute.

The acoustics of the room was weird, it was very soundproof and quiet for runway and airport noise - but you could easily hear noises from people the hallway. It wasn't loud enough to be annoying but enough to notice and remember.

There was a coffee kettle/machine provided, but no plug anywhere close to plug it in - which was a little weird. One of the bedside lamps had a dead lightbulb.

Buffet breakfast provided and for a fee can be delivered to your room - which I did, and was delivered on time and in abundance. Overall it's an extremely convenient and functional hotel for stranded or in-transit travellers who just need a place to sleep for one night - anything longer I would suggest booking in the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed 1 night here, after driving 12 hours straight I was looking forward to a good nights sleep. I guess I was unlucky and got a room near the elevator, I heard the sound of the elevator and aircrew clattering all night long. I also had to pay for parking. Had breakfast and that was very poor aswell, very limited selection. All in all very poor.

Room Tip: Make sure u dont get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Very comfy rooms with wi-fi, coffe-maker, minibar, hairdryer, television, room-service (try the chicken BLT yummie:-) . Situated right next to the airport with just 2 mins to walk makes this hotel a first choice in the airport-area of Trondheim.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stjordal
Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel, Trondheim
#3 of 25 in Trondheim
Best Western Stav Hotel
Best Western Stav Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hommelvik

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Trondheim Airport? Share your experiences!