“Another great weekend at the Three Horseshoes Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Batcombe
The Three Horseshoes Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Batcombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Three Horseshoes delivers yet another great weekend. The food is excellent and the accommodation first class. The atmosphere is welcoming as are all the staff who cannot do enough for you. having stayed only 1 night before we treated ourselves to a 2 night stay and were again delighted with our choice. A freshly cooked breakfast is a great start to the day and with so many places to visit within a 30 min drive. A welcome return awaits you with an excellent menu of fresh local produce ensures you return eager to eat in the restaurant followed by a few drinks shared with the locals.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon B

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I came here on a Sunday, and was greeted by the friendly staff upon arrival. We hadn't booked and although it was already very busy by 1pm we got a lovely table straight away in the dining room which had a great atmosphere, the roast was lovely and couldn't of asked for more, my husband can be a bit picky but the female staff member had a great sense of humour (i asked if she ran the place and she didnt! was very professional and knowledgeable) and it seemed like no problem at all!
Will come here again as the service was great and so was the food, so what's not to like?

Room Tip: i didnt stay!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Picture this; walking into a pub, all heads turn, music stops.... It was really like a scene from an old western! I might point out I am of asian origin and was with 3 cousins on a weekend away. This pub was recomended to us by our B&B owner in Frome, where by the way we had a very pleasant stay. We had arrived at the pub approx 3.10pm, when we asked if there was any chance of food as we had travelled from Newquay for over 2 hours to get there and we were understandably hungry. We were told by the fair haired barstaff that no there wasn't, she was very curt and didn't even offer us drinks at this point she just went off! I was already angry and tired and wanted to leave but my cousin persevered with another one of the bar staff a dark haired lady, and requested the same thing, the lady said she would ask the kitchen. She came back with a fairly large plate of yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and a pot of gravy, she also took our drinks order and told us to take a seat. This was enough to placate me, she also refused any money for the food which was very kind of her.
While we were sitting at the table minding our own business there was a couple near us who would not stop staring, and I mean they weren't even subtle nor friendly, everytime I looked up the lady was staring, I just couldn't understand it, she was in my line of view but with her back to me, yet when I looked up she was openly staring like we were a tourist attraction! I will hasten to add that not all the people in the pub were unfriendly, some customers said hello and were curtious and polite.I thought I'd share my experience, as i have never experienced anything like it! I will revisit as it was a lovely pub with a great ambience and I would certainly like to try more of the food as what we had was lovely.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very comfortable, clean accommodation. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast excellent range and despite a limited evening menu the vegetarian dishes on offer were very tasty. Would thoroughly recommend this little gem if exploring the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had Sunday lunch here recently with our 3 boys (inc 1 toddler). The location is idyllic, the pub itself welcoming and cosy - at least 2 woodburners going - the beer excellent and the Sunday Lunch, using local produce, was very good and reasonably priced. (Would maybe have given 5 stars if not for slightly overdone potatoes and yorkshire pudding). It was certainly good enough for 3 hungry boys to wolf down. The staff were welcoming, polite, friendly and attentive. All in all we had a delightful and very relaxed meal - what more could "outnumbered" parents ask for?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

It was a dull rainy Bank Holiday Monday! So what's new, you cry. The only option was to find a comfy country pub away from the crowds and some at least half-decent food so as to while away the hours. We last visited this pub on Mothering Sunday and we raved about the restaurant on that occasion. Yesterday was even better if anything. We were quite late arriving and it was the village fete day as well.Parking was at a premium all over the village and we almost drove by. What a relief that we didn't. The place was packed and the busy but superlatively attentive staff in the bar immediately advised us to "hover over that table in the window" who were due to pay up and go. This we duly did with discretion and a pint of Bath Ales Gem for me and a glass of wine for the wife. We only wanted a snack. No worries - rare roast beef sandwich, cheddar and cider chutney sandwich and a dish of skinny chips soon arrived delivered by a charming female chef. It was of a very high quality indeed and the bread home-baked. The bar was humming and there were families and people from all walks of life all mixing together beautifully. This place has justified its place within the top three best pubs in Somerset (according to us, of course but then we are the experts after all!). Seriously though, we are so lucky to have so many great country pubs within our part of the county. The Three Horseshoes has a natural ambiance, quality presentation of fixtures and fittings and superb food and beverage. The staff are professionally trained but come over with an air of friendliness and genuine concern over the job they are doing. First class again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crispin18
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I, both in our 60's, had 2 nights at the three horseshoes 22nd and 23rd August. Its a lovely pub, very welcoming. We were made to feel at home straight away. The Breakfasts and dinner were very good indeed ( local produce ) and not expensive. Service was very good and the room spotless and very comfortable. We noticed that the children of other customers staying in and around Batcombe were also made very welcome. The staff were attentive, welcoming and genuinely pleased to have you staying there. Nothing was too much trouble. One of the nicest B & B's we've stayed in. Nice garden area too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Three Horseshoes Inn? Share your experiences!