“Real Home cooked quality”
Review of The Black Horse

The Black Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Black Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Fulmer
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

At first glance its just another ever so slightly dated country pub. But you'd be missing the point. They really go to town on producing quality food. The last time I was their Dustin Hoffman was in there. The folks from Pinewodd Studios often visit. The Steak and Kidney Pud is excellent, its not always on as its a special.

Indulge yourself, its worth it.

JW1000M, Owner at The Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear VR6-er,

Thank you so much for your great review of The Black Horse and our thanks to everyone else who has loved our pub.

It is just worth noting that as of the 2nd October 2012 the pub is no longer under the stewardship of Salisbury Pubs. So for great Salisbury Pubs food and hospitality your nearest pubs are either The Swan Inn, just down the road in Denham Village or The Old Queens Head in Penn.

We thank you all so much for your support and look forward to seeing you again in the coming weeks, days and months ahead.

With best wishes,

Becky Salisbury

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I know i have only just written a review, but i swear every time i eat here the whole experience gets better and better! I feel so lucky to live 10 mins drive away!! The menu changes on such a regular basis, all fresh, local and in season ingredients that you can go every few weeks or so (as we do!) and always have something different, although last time i went what i chose was SO perfect I had to have the exact same thing again (sweet butter and butter bean burger with halloumi cheese and polenta chips, and then a chocolate fudge sundae - sauce, vanilla cream and fudge all house made!! never had anything better!) Always try to find a reason to squeeze in a side portion of the fat chips too, you will never have better chips than here! Every member of staff is friendly genuine and warm, its a smashing expereince from start to end!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to dine in this pub because it was recommended to us from our host and I must say we were more than satisfied. The service was second to none and the food...not to usual pub food. I have taken the chicken schnizel whereas my better half took the fish & chips which after 15 days touring the UK he reviewed it as the best fish& chips ever. Well done!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Used to visit this pub when I was in my twentys, what a lovely surprise I had today when I went for lunch. My grandson who has worked in many restaurants and is very critical of both food and service didn't have one bad thing to say about The Black Horse. All five of us really enjoyed all courses and we will be returning very soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Black Horse is a lovely little pub with a pretty graden. The service was good, attentive and helpful and all with a smile. The food was overall very good as some dishes were better than others. The chicken schnitzel was absolutely wonderful, definately one to return for!