“Such a wonderful experience!!!!!!”

Cumberland Court Motel
Cumberland Court Motel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My partner, our two girls and I stayed for a night while in Hastings visiting splash planet and we just loved the place. The hosts were lovely and friendly and our room was huge!!!! The whole family spent hours in the spa. To top it all off we got into Splash Planet for half price. Will be staying here overtime we visit Hawkes Bay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 9, 2012

It's taken me ages to post this but I really have to. We stayed here a while ago this year, lovely clean room, great spa bath. We had a black tie event on that night and as I went to get dressed the hem on my dress ripped. Being away from home, I thought I would have to just stay home! But the lovely owner took my dress and fixed it for me! It was such a lovely gesture, I was so grateful. Couldn't rate their service enough and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed there 7 days under the hospitality of Sarah and Ross who run the motel since few years back. It was wonderful stay with nice memories...! Rooms were spacious with a kitchenette and bathroom was cleaned everyday with supplies of plenty of accessories. It was like home away from home... I will definitely return to Sarah's and Ross,s care again and again....!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is the Best accommodation by far we found in New Zealand , out shone all the rest that we stayed in over a month of traveling, using online bookings. Extra large room with circular spa in room WOW. King size bed. Excellent for the weary traveler.

Room Tip: Excellent rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here with my fiance. The rooms were spotless and had plenty of space. It was great to have a spa bath in the room, as well as a little kitchen if you need to cook.

Being in Unit 1 on the ground floor, we had a lot of traffic outside - to be expected. However, the bathroom doesn't have a ducted fan. I don't like leaving the window wide open onto the footpath - it makes me nervous!

The TV was positioned a bit awkwardly for watching either in bed or from the spa (it's on top of the wardrobe. But that's a fairly minor point.

In general, it was a clean and airy room for a decent price. Convenient to the centre of Hastings, and not far from wine country!

Room Tip: Probably try to avoid the rooms nearest the street, and be aware of room security if you are on the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This motel is in Hastings, which has little to recommend it except its location near wine country. The room was clean and large, but the stairs were a chore, and the spa tub was very difficult to get in and out of...they really need some grab bars. A little steep price for the unit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tultrip
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Totally loved staying here. I arrived early and decided to see if I could check in early. I was greeted by Ross who was totally professional and very friendly. It wasnt an issue checking in early. I was paying for the room with cash as I dont have a credit card. This wasnt an issue either and i wasnt required to pay up front. I couldnt have asked for better service. I was made to feel very welcome.
The room itself was immaculately presented. It was everything I expected. The large spa bath in the room was awesome.
I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants a hassle free stay while in the Hawkes Bay. The hosts bend over backwards to make sure your stay is awesome!

Room Tip: The motel is located at a very busy intersection... ask for a room near the back
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Valdez Motor Lodge
#10 of 18 in Hastings
Fairmont Motor Lodge
Fairmont Motor Lodge
#7 of 18 in Hastings

Been to Cumberland Court Motel? Share your experiences!