“Will return” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ten Twenty Four
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kent Baddely is the owner/chef. Using local fresh produce his creations are outstanding in flavour, technique and presentation.
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
“Will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We are local school teachers and in the holidays like to try out new restaurants. i had been to 1024 before and recommended we go there. We were not disappointed. Service outstanding, food lovely hard to make a decision on what to have.We all opted for a entree and asked for it to be lunch size. That was no problem. Setting lovely. We sat under the trees on a very hot day and it was super. Prices good value. Looking forward to eating there again and will very soon!!!

Keep it up 1024

New Zealand
“Top experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had the most delicious and classy lunch. We hadn't booked but despite already being very busy they took us to a table. The service was impeccable the whole menu sounded superb and it was difficult to make a decision. We each chose a glass of wine to match our dish and it was lovely. The atmosphere of the restaurant was top notch too. Reasonable prices too, Compliments to all of the staff.

Brisbane Queensland
“A re-igniting of the taste buds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice in the one week! It is only open for lunch and is set in bright airy surroundings. Attentive and friendly staff and an outstanding chef complete the picture. From our table we could wee the chef prepare each dish and they were nothing short of masterpieces, to view and to eat. An eclectic background music choice (by the chef) added another dimension to the atmosphere. A must visit restaurant!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
New Zealand
“Food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Two unbeatable combinations for any restaurant.And very pleasant surroundings inside and out(plus free walnuts )

Visited December 2012
Hastings, New Zealand
“A Master in the kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Its amazing, every time I think I've found the best Hawkes Bay restaurant, something else comes along to impresse me even more...

This used to be the Hettinga Wine Estate some years ago I believe, and it went under - I think it still grows wine grapes however. We had booked this out on a Monday evening (yes, ouch - Monday) for our Managerial Staff Xmas party. We had great samplers brought around to get us going - at this point was the only downer of the evening (until I got too drunk and broke a couple of glasses) where I asked a young staff member what was in the food he supplied me with and didn't know.

The meal serving were actually pretty large. The serving was elegent, but the flavours were something else - the smoked pork belly was what my wife ordered, and I'd never tried anything that tasted remotely like that before in my life. I had a chunk of beef that filled me up - I was extremely impressed. The wait staff ensured we were well looked after. Price wise, for the 25 of us there, it was pretty good.

Came here for a basic breakfast about 5 months ago, but this was spectacular - keep up the great work people of 1024!!

• Visited December 2012