“A Master in the kitchen”
Review of Ten Twenty Four

Ten Twenty Four
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kent Baddely is the owner/chef. Using local fresh produce his creations are outstanding in flavour, technique and presentation.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Its amazing, every time I think I've found the best Hawkes Bay restaurant, something else comes along to impresse me even more...

This used to be the Hettinga Wine Estate some years ago I believe, and it went under - I think it still grows wine grapes however. We had booked this out on a Monday evening (yes, ouch - Monday) for our Managerial Staff Xmas party. We had great samplers brought around to get us going - at this point was the only downer of the evening (until I got too drunk and broke a couple of glasses) where I asked a young staff member what was in the food he supplied me with and didn't know.

The meal serving were actually pretty large. The serving was elegent, but the flavours were something else - the smoked pork belly was what my wife ordered, and I'd never tried anything that tasted remotely like that before in my life. I had a chunk of beef that filled me up - I was extremely impressed. The wait staff ensured we were well looked after. Price wise, for the 25 of us there, it was pretty good.

Came here for a basic breakfast about 5 months ago, but this was spectacular - keep up the great work people of 1024!!

There are newer reviews for Ten Twenty Four

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This restaurant was our last 'must try' before finishing up our tour of Hawkes Bay.
So glad that we made it in for lunch because the food was fabulous!

We were struck by the incredible presentation of each dish and though everything was plated beautifully, taste was not compromised which is a combo that can be hard to find.

Highlights: Taste, textures, raw salad, pasta with mussels, wine list.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch - and hopefully they open up their lovely patio for brunch soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Got taken here for a work function. Nice cosy atmosphere. Very attentive staff. Delicious simple top class fine dining - can't fault the food at all.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had a wonderful lunch at 1024 a few weeks ago. The staff were fantastic, friendly, and efficient. Prompt table service. The food was outstanding.
Would definately recommend!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went here for lunch and it was devine. The waiter saw us coming and came outside to meet and welcome us. The service was impecable as was the food. We were served the bread basket which was delecious and tasted freshly baked. My husband ordered the pork and I had the beef fillet. The food was of a very high quality and presented beautifully. The only reason I have not rated this a 5 is because of the fact that there is no childrens menu but we were told this when we booked so we made it a later lunch and our son ate before we went so was happy to nibble on some of the breads and a dessert to keep him busy.