“Delightful”

Just Imagine Gallery
Ranked #10 of 28 things to do in Russell
Reviewed May 23, 2014

There is a wide range of high quality art, decorative items and gifts by local artisans in this beautifully presented gallery. We spent a lengthy period just browsing and enjoying the ambience. A small exhibition of photographs added to the enjoyment of the afternoon. Well worth a visit if you are in Russell.

1  Thank LARRY R

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This gallery has a great selection of items from jewellery to hand made clothing, sketches to sculptural glass objects of astonishing beauty. The staff are friendly and you can even have a coffee while you're there.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Gorgeous Art Gallery in the historically beautiful town of Russell in the North Island of NZ.
A little pricy for my pockets but certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have been fortunate to "stumble" into without a doubt the best gallery I have ever seen. Having traveled extensively over most of the world, my wife and I look for "Local" art from the places we visit to bring home and recall our ventures. Just Imagine is without a doubt a must stop for those looking for the best of the best of local artists. The variety of art is incredible which includes everything from unique beautiful jewelry to wearable art. Of course they also have the style of art one would expect to see in a "normal" gallery only I have never seen anything that compares with the level of what they show - anywhere. The staff is very gracious and giving of their time, I ask a lot of questions and they took the time to explain everything about the art and artist, including an offer to introduce us to the artist. There is no such thing as customer service anywhere, particularly at Just Imagine - because Just Imagine redefined it as "Family Service". That is how they make you feel from the first hello when you walk in. Just an amazing experience. We have purchased paintings, jewelry, glass art (always gets comments) and carvings from our friends at Just Imagine. We don't travel to New Zealand very often because we live in North Carolina, USA but you can be sure that when we do we stop in say Hi and have a cup of coffee. Oh, one more thing - my daughter was asking about the sail boats in the harbor, the owner of Just Imagine helped us make arangements with a local company to take our family on a day sail. What retailer does that?

2  Thank Andrew A
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love Just Imagine. I've been there several times and always find something for everyone (but I mostly buy stuff for myself)!!! My fiancé surprised me with a trip to NZ since he knows I love it there, but he planned it for the south island only. I asked that we change our plans to include a trip north because I wanted to go here. He did rearrange the plans and tickets, and he loved every minute of it! Now JI is his destination too!

Last time I was there, I picked up a wrap and a jacket. It was winter time at home (summer in NZ), so I figured the wrap was perfect for inside restaurants. I ended up wearing it on the boat back to Pahia and out to Urapukapuka, because the wind was a little chilly.

I have the best memories when I wear the earrings I got there. They're blue, like the ocean. Their one of a kind art hangs on my walls at home and at my office. I have so much you'd think I lived next door! Sadly I don't, although I get tons of compliments.

The first time I was there, I stumbled in because it was chilly andI wanted to warm up. I fell in love instantly with their coffee and books. They seriously have the best coffee-table books. I stayed for hours, met the owner and her daughter, and had the best time. Every time I go back, I see them. They're amazing, actually all of the staff I've met there have been super warm, friendly and helpful! They know the origin of each piece, which they hand picked from around the world. I was surprised how much I learned simply by visiting Just Imagine.

This is a must-go on my list. I make it a point to visit Russell and the gallery each time I'm in NZ!