“Out of this world chocolate”
Review of Newport Chocolates

Newport Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Russell
More attraction details
Owner description: Handcrafted Chocolates, made with 100% swiss chocolate and infuse with local New Zealand ingredients. Open in 2 locations Russell factory and Auckland Factory. Our product is real with out addings or preservatives, we offer purest Chocolate.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Out of this world chocolate”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I had heard the chocolate here was good, but not until I tried a square of chilli, lime and raspberry chocolate did I really believe it was true. I have never tasted anything so incredible. You can also enjoy a coffee here on the table and chairs inside or outside with your chocolate. Today I'm moving on to the caramel and sea salt!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The BEST chocolates we have ever tasted!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Visiting this quaint chocolatier in Russell was the highlight of our trip, we bought a box of 6 and went back the next day for more! The young french couple that own it are just lovely and so helpful, highly recommended and a must to visit if you are in Russell!

Visited March 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Beautiful Chocolates”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We ordered two hot chocolates & four chocolates, two to eat then & two to take away. The hot chocolates were made individually so took a while but well worth the wait. The chocolates were beautiful. We didn't buy anymore as decided we will order online for Easter. If your in Russell & love chocolates this is a must visit.

Visited March 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh handmade chocolates and good coffee”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lovely little shop in the centre of Russell, we sat outside in the sun to devour our platter of delicious fresh chocolates with a great cup of coffee. Very reasonably priced for handmade chocolates and really friendly shop owner, had to go back in and buy a 3 dozen more to take away ;-)

Visited February 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“AMAZING chocolates and hot chocolate”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The taste of these chocolates blew me away. They are the best I have ever tasted. So fresh and creamy and the flavours are amazing. The hot chocolate is simply the best I have had. It is like a chocolate molten pudding in liquid form - superb! We initially came to the shop on the recommendation of a friend and once was not enough! We went back to Russell two days later just to have the hot choc again and stock up on chocs before coming home.
I'll definitely be ordering their chocolates online in the near future.

Visited February 2013